Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Camera P......

I picked up a Carry Speed VF3 Swivi 3x lcd viewfinder this week to use with my K-01. It works well, and looks pretty nifty imho.
I really like how it looks(at my age).
Thanks for looking
Joe

Attached Images

12-23-2012, 07:15 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Especially with that wonderful big lens with the nice hood it looks pretty stylish. Looks like a digital bazooka!
Can you see all of the screen with that viewfinder?
12-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rodin5 Quote
I picked up a Carry Speed VF3 Swivi 3x lcd viewfinder this week to use with my K-01. It works well, and looks pretty nifty imho.
I really like how it looks(at my age).
Thanks for looking
Joe
Lol, that setup looks pretty crazy! Cool!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-23-2012, 08:58 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
you can see most of it including enough of the readout across the bottom to tell whats going on. It really is a big help with manual exposure with focus peaking. The back half folds up and it becomes a very nice sunshade. It also comes off the camera by loosening one screw which is handy.
Joe

12-23-2012, 09:09 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Joe:
How well does the VF3 fit on the K-01 body? I've been looking at the VF3 and wrote an email to Carry Speed asking if they had tried it on a K-01. They hadn't tried it so couldn't say if it would fit well, but did offer to allow me to return it if I bought one from them and it didn't fit my K-01. I suggested to them that they would probably have a number of K-01 owners buying one if they could assure K-01 owners that it would fit their camera. Apparently they weren't interested in increasing sales of their product as I heard nothing more from them. Dave
12-23-2012, 10:41 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Aramaicus Quote
Joe:
How well does the VF3 fit on the K-01 body? I've been looking at the VF3 and wrote an email to Carry Speed asking if they had tried it on a K-01. They hadn't tried it so couldn't say if it would fit well, but did offer to allow me to return it if I bought one from them and it didn't fit my K-01. I suggested to them that they would probably have a number of K-01 owners buying one if they could assure K-01 owners that it would fit their camera. Apparently they weren't interested in increasing sales of their product as I heard nothing more from them. Dave
Aramaicus,
The new VF3 is pretty good, the plate adjusts front to back, and the viewfinder is adjustable up, down and side to side. Once you have it snugged up to the lcd you can still operate all the controls with out much trouble. The base plate is arca swiss compatable and the viewfinder comes off by loosening one screw. It is not cheap, but appears to be well made. I think some people might find it fiddly but with a little patience it becomes easy to use.
Hope this is of some value,
Joe
12-23-2012, 11:32 PM   #7
Site Supporter

Thanks for prompt reply, Joe. I was concerned about how the VF3 would match up with the LCD and also about how easily the K-01 controls could be reached with the VF3 in place. Sounds like it works okay on the K-01. Dave