Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry I'm late Charles. Here's an option if you come upon one. This classic old Pentax case from the film days fits my son's K-01 perfectly with plenty of room for a longer lens. Check any B&M that carries used equipment. My local dealer gave me one and $5 for the other since I'm the only one looking for Pentax equipment. Large belt loop for security and front pocket as well. K-01 w/F35-70 photo

Last edited by lukulele; 02-03-2014 at 07:21 PM.
01-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
So here's my setup for the K-01 with 40mm XS and hand strap.

The K01 with strap fits perfectly inside the Optio bag.

However, i don't like the optio bag on my belt. With the K01 in it, it's very heavy, and thus it leans funkily. It'd be better if the belt loop was as close to the top of the bag as possible, and on the other side. Unfortunately it's down near the bottom, so the whole bag leans away from my body when it's on my belt. This is uncomfortable and funky looking at the same time.

My solution was an old heavy duty keychain thingy I found with my motorcycle gear. I snap it to my belt and then clip it to the Optio case, and it hangs from my belt instead. This is actually more comfortable, even if it does swing around a bit. It keeps my upper body free of straps though.

I think I may remove the stitched-on belt loop thingy and move it to the other side, but for now this is workign nicely for me.

Charles.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo   
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q  Photo