Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2013, 01:03 PM   #61
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by trek560ex Quote
Anyone with an order date of 12/29 or later actually received theirs yet? That was my order date.
"Delivery Estimate: Monday January 28, 2013 - Tuesday February 19, 2013 by 8:00pm"
I ordered on December 28, and my delivery window is January 22 through February 14. I still don't have mine, and there has been no change to my delivery window.

02-06-2013, 01:28 PM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by northbehr Quote
My question is , will it ever ship? Ordered the yellow with 40mm. Would Amazon substitute a different color for the same price? At this point any color would work...
Yes I have a new, black kit arriving tomorrow, for $315. Am getting ready to post the yellow body I got in the Marketplace (see my posts earlier in this thread). Call Amazon and see what they'll do for you.
02-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #63
Emperor and Senpai

I called them and they will not substitute other colors.
02-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I called them and they will not substitute other colors.
I must have got lucky! My guy did the color swap and gave me free 1 day shipping-- I just called yesterday!

02-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #65
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just received my K-01 in white with the 40mm, From Adorama. Hauling out all my old K Mount lenses for a run through this weekend.

Last edited by GuitarGuru76; 02-06-2013 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Ommission
02-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #66
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GuitarGuru76 Quote
I just received my K-01 in white with the 40mm, From Adorama. Hauling out all my old K Mount lenses for a run through this weekend.
Congratulations! Be sure to check out this sticky for using old lenses...

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/110658-using-ma...x-dslrs-f.html

...with one addendum - the K-01 will only work as described in M-Manual mode if ISO is manually selected. M + AutoISO behaves like the K-5's "TAv" mode, which can be frustrating if you were expecting all-manual operation.
02-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #67
Forum Member

Manual Lenses on K-01

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Congratulations! Be sure to check out this sticky for using old lenses...

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/110658-using-ma...x-dslrs-f.html

...with one addendum - the K-01 will only work as described in M-Manual mode if ISO is manually selected. M + AutoISO behaves like the K-5's "TAv" mode, which can be frustrating if you were expecting all-manual operation.
Thanks for the pointer and tip. I will check out the sticky.
02-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #68

QuoteOriginally posted by PBandJ Quote
I must have got lucky! My guy did the color swap and gave me free 1 day shipping-- I just called yesterday!
You definitely got lucky. I called this morning and they weren't willing to do a thing for me. Congrats.

I have to say, this debacle has really soured me on Amazon and I purchase a ton of things there. I was buying this for a vacation that I'm going on next week and they've completely dropped the ball. Meh.

02-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #69
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by FastForward7 Quote
You definitely got lucky. I called this morning and they weren't willing to do a thing for me. Congrats.

I have to say, this debacle has really soured me on Amazon and I purchase a ton of things there. I was buying this for a vacation that I'm going on next week and they've completely dropped the ball. Meh.
I've been trying to stick up for them, but (even though I ended up cancelling my order and getting a "like new" used version) now I'm beginning to wonder how the saga will end. They felt strongly that they would get the cameras in during the individual windows. I know my window would have ended tomorrow, as I think a lot of folks windows ended on the 8th. They aren't in the business of screwing folks over, but something like this might be out of their control. I can picture this (from logistics days) scene where the buyer is on the phone with the supplier and the supplier keeps on saying, don't worry, don't worry, they are coming!

Also, it looks like there are no units of any color that are being sold right now by Amazon. They might be fulfilling one or two of the sellers units, but it is really just Amazon handling the shipping/logistics of the thing and not owning it outright. It would be hard for them to switch colors when they don't have any themselves.
02-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #70

Chatted with Amazon "customer service" last night and they really were not helpful. I asked if I could change colors and they offered to cancel the order , and then referred me to another seller with a white kit, but I would have to hash it out with the seller, then miraculously the connection failed. So I'm just going to wait and see, you would think they would make good on it, or....?
02-07-2013, 10:10 PM   #71
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
I've checked your order and can confirm "Pentax K-01 16MP APS-C CMOS Compact System Camera Kit with DA 40mm Lens (Yellow)" is back-ordered. I'm sorry about this delay--we certainly didn't expect this would happen.

I've checked the availability of "Pentax K-01 16MP APS-C CMOS Compact System Camera Kit with DA 40mm Lens (Yellow)" and found that it is still not available from directly from Amazon.com but available from sellers on our website.

I want to make sure your order gets to you faster once we have stock. To help make up for the delay, I've upgraded the shipping method to One-Day Shipping shipping at no extra charge.

Although the shipping method is faster, it'll still take some time to get the item. As soon as we receive more stock, we'll ship your order and send you an e-mail to let you know. The Estimated Delivery Date now is Monday, February 11, 2013 - Wednesday, February 20, 2013.
Better than nothing I guess...
02-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #72

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
Better than nothing I guess...
When did you place your order?
02-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #73

QuoteOriginally posted by mrbdm99 Quote
I've been trying to stick up for them, but (even though I ended up cancelling my order and getting a "like new" used version) now I'm beginning to wonder how the saga will end. They felt strongly that they would get the cameras in during the individual windows. I know my window would have ended tomorrow, as I think a lot of folks windows ended on the 8th. They aren't in the business of screwing folks over, but something like this might be out of their control. I can picture this (from logistics days) scene where the buyer is on the phone with the supplier and the supplier keeps on saying, don't worry, don't worry, they are coming!

Also, it looks like there are no units of any color that are being sold right now by Amazon. They might be fulfilling one or two of the sellers units, but it is really just Amazon handling the shipping/logistics of the thing and not owning it outright. It would be hard for them to switch colors when they don't have any themselves.

I'm in complete agreement that a lot of this is probably beyond their control. I don't blame them for that. These things happen. I'd simply like to see them do a better job at working with their customers to a mutually fair solution.

Also, up until yesterday (I didn't check today) Amazon was still selling the black kit. *shrugs*
02-08-2013, 03:53 AM   #74
Veteran Member

In Amazon's defense, when I swapped colors, they had 10 of the black kits in stock that THEY were selling. By later in the day, they were gone.
Plus, I don't know if it matters, but I've placed about 10 orders in the past 30 days.
And it was the second time I tried. The first time,I asked them to sell me just the body for the kit price minus the lens price. = about $70.
Needless to say, they didn't go for that idea, bitI figured what the heck.. .

I don't have marketplace access, because my Adorama purchase hasn't postedyet, but I'm selling the yellow body I bought from amazon marketplace. PM me if interested.
02-08-2013, 04:13 AM   #75
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Amazon isn't even selling any colors any more, so no trades would be possible. I ordered on January 14, and my window says February 4-February 25 at 8 pm. That is pretty specific and I have confidence that the camera will show up some time in that window. If not, then I will have gotten an update email by then. Amazon is great about stuff like that. This is a backup camera for me, and I bought it for the lens, so I am willing to wait, considering its a brand new camera and lens that is significantly cheaper than the price any where else is selling it for.