Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Old lenses

How to use old lenses with Pentax K-01?
I used manual lenses with K 110D without any problems. But the situation on K-01 seems very different. My lens Miranda 28/2,8 have no "A" (automatic position), so i must drive aperture ring manually.
But it is it is wide open in all situations. Camera cannot it change.

01-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There is a menu item for enable aperture ring, then the camera sets aperture priority, IIRC.
01-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If the lens has the anodized metal, you will need to put aluminium foil to short all pins to make it look like K or M lens to the camera. Otherwise, you are stuck with wide-open aperture setting (metering and shot).
01-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #4
Veteran Member

There are a couple threads/posts about Miranda lenses, because they seem to be slightly problematic for metering on modern cameras. Shorting the contacts might help. Though my 50mm Miranda works almost like a preset lens - I set the aperture and it kind of stays there. But not always. Its a weird lens, at least mine is, so you might have to take some time to figure out exactly what it does when you take photos.
Try setting aperture and then look into the lens while taking a photo to see how much it stops down and what aperture is used for metering.

01-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Sorry. I am not so good in english.
Shorting the contacts through metall mount made a red blinking digits of aperture and time on display. I thing, K-01 isnīt any suited camera for full manual lenses. It has no effect try it by force.
01-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #6
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by czech user Quote
Sorry. I am not so good in english.
Shorting the contacts through metall mount made a red blinking digits of aperture and time on display. I thing, K-01 isnīt any suited camera for full manual lenses. It has no effect try it by force.
I have not tried a Miranda lens, but this works wonderfully with every full manual lens I have tried it with. Instead of shorting the sensors, this appears to insulate them using a small piece of cellophane tape. The camera will then give you a light meter and hitting the green button will give you an exposure time. Thanks to forum user THoog for this!!

Making an M lens automatic, sort of. | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
01-07-2013, 07:22 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thatīs right, cristigj. The contacts must be isolated. I drive the aperture ring manually and exposure time changes automatically.
Green button donīt work, in my case. (I need green button for focus peaking. ON/OFF). The roller K-01 is set to AV. Is it OK now?

01-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #8
Veteran Member

You can only use Av or M for manual lenses.
01-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #9
Inactive Account

Czech _user: Taky muzete zkusit odpojit to male perko ze zadu (ve vnitr). Potom objektiv bude fungovat jako m42!