Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #1

A problem occured when turning on k-01...

Hello, I am a K-01's begineer and I just had bought the camera 2 weeks ago.
I normally turned on the camera today and took pictures. When I turned off the camera and turned on again, the camera was so strange that suddenly appeared the"Data Adjustment"or"Initial Setting" sceen. This was not my 1st time turning on the camera and I sure I finished data & time setting before. Although I made those Initial setting again, took pictures and turned it off, "Data Adjustment"or"Initial Setting" sceen still displayed again when I turned on the camera again.
Can anyone help me, please?

01-12-2013, 08:36 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by atkwf41h Quote
Hello, I am a K-01's begineer and I just had bought the camera 2 weeks ago.
I normally turned on the camera today and took pictures. When I turned off the camera and turned on again, the camera was so strange that suddenly appeared the"Data Adjustment"or"Initial Setting" sceen. This was not my 1st time turning on the camera and I sure I finished data & time setting before. Although I made those Initial setting again, took pictures and turned it off, "Data Adjustment"or"Initial Setting" sceen still displayed again when I turned on the camera again.
Can anyone help me, please?
Welcome Aboard. Mine did that 2x as well. All I could figure was that I exited the setup inappropriately the 1st time. The second time I read the onscreen indications on how to exit that screen and its been fine ever since.
01-12-2013, 08:45 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Welcome Aboard. Mine did that 2x as well. All I could figure was that I exited the setup inappropriately the 1st time. The second time I read the onscreen indications on how to exit that screen and its been fine ever since.
Sorry. What do you mean by " onscreen indications "?
I do follow the instruction shown on the screen to finish all initial settings all the time. From the day I bought it to yesterday, the camera still worked on well and "initial settings" screen were not shown when turning on it. However, today, I did not know why I normally took pictures and turned it off, the camera displayed "initial settings" screen when I turned it on again.
I am really worried about it now.

Last edited by atkwf41h; 01-12-2013 at 09:14 AM.
01-12-2013, 09:25 AM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

Sorry. What do you mean by " onscreen indications "?
I do follow the instruction shown on the screen to finish all initial settings all the time. From the day I bought it to yesterday, the camera still worked on well and "initial settings" screen were not shown when turning on it. However, today, I did not know why I normally took pictures and turned it off, the camera displayed "initial settings" screen when I turned it on again.
I am really worried about it now.
Ok, have you installed the updated Firmware for the K-01?

If not, go here and download it:
Latest K-01 Firmware Update : Software Downloads | PENTAX RICOH IMAGING

Extract the file (it comes in an EXE file that is 10.3mb) and place the BIN file on an SD card. Insert the SD into the camera, turn it on, go to the menu, select the Wrench and #3, go to the bottom of that screen and select the "Firmware Info/Options" choice. It will ask if you want to update the firmware. Make sure you have a fully charged battery in the camera.

If that does not stop it try the Reset option on the Wrench #2 page at the bottom.

Good luck.

01-12-2013, 06:47 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Ok, have you installed the updated Firmware for the K-01?

If not, go here and download it:
Latest K-01 Firmware Update : Software Downloads | PENTAX RICOH IMAGING

Extract the file (it comes in an EXE file that is 10.3mb) and place the BIN file on an SD card. Insert the SD into the camera, turn it on, go to the menu, select the Wrench and #3, go to the bottom of that screen and select the "Firmware Info/Options" choice. It will ask if you want to update the firmware. Make sure you have a fully charged battery in the camera.

If that does not stop it try the Reset option on the Wrench #2 page at the bottom.

Good luck.
Solved after updating new firmware. Thank you so much!
01-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Solved after updating new firmware. Thank you so much!
Very glad it worked for you! I hope you enjoy your camera and keep visiting the forum.