Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-13-2013, 06:01 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Hey Dads (or Moms!) try this...

Setup: center focus + tv mode set to 1/40 or better (maybe auto iso 3200?)

1) grasp the camera by the right side, place your thumb over the shutter (we need to name this 'the hendricks hold')

2) hold the camera in any position over or around your child at arms length, just glancing that it is framed somewhat correctly. don't worry about framing too much.

3) autofocus and shoot

The angle of the screen is so wide that you can still tell roughly the framing. You will get loads of neat shots you wouldn't have otherwise.

Coming from a K10, I can't tell you the number of candid shots I get this way that never would have existed before.

It's quickly becoming my favorite way to shoot kids. The lightness of the camera and my primes makes this great for video as well.

Jamey

03-10-2013, 10:33 AM   #2
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Check out the middle image (from an old film SLR manual - KX, I think).

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, k-01, k01, mirrorless, pentax k-01, shots