Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-19-2013, 12:41 PM - 1 Like   #1

K01 Ergonomics - Great for gloves in the cold!

I have owned my Pentax K-01 for a few weeks now and I have to say that for me, the design, feel, weight and ease-of-use is nowhere near is bad as indicated in some reviews and is in fact quite easy to get accustomed to, I think the reviewers have been blinded by prejudice and expectations as modern DSLR users. I myself began photography seriously about 20 years ago with the classic K1000 and ME Super and loved the chunky, weighty feel of them, and which my K01 provides too.

One thing missing from many reviews is that the camera is very easy to operate if you have thick fingers or are wearing gloves - I have just been out on a shoot for over an hour in temperatures of around -10 degrees C and it wax great not having to take off my gloves to adjust the camera and take photos.

Attached is a photo I took earlier today.

Attached Images

01-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #2

Couldn't agree more with you. Very good photograph!
01-24-2013, 10:34 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
I too, am glad for the "gloves on" operation. And, it's the best tripod camera that I have ever owned (dozens).