Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #1

My new K-01

I had just purchased a Pentax K-5, so I didn't really need it. However, I kept seeing articles and reviews about the K-01. Like the Toyota Scion Xb, it slowly grew on me. The expert reviews were a mixed bag, for some it was too big for a mirrorless camera. For others it was too small for a dslr. And it didn't have a viewfinder. The ordinary user reviews were different. Almost all of them talked about what an impressive little camera it was. Besides that, many described what a fun little camera it was. When Adorama and B&H started offering it for $399 with the 40mm lens, how could I resist? I ordered one from Adorama. It is truly an impressive fun little camera. Although the measured dimensions may indicate it is not much smaller than a K-5, when you hold it in your hand it is definitely smaller, more like a point and shoot. But unlike the point and shoot you can focus it by hand. I can also use any of my lenses for my K-5. But the lens made for it is the little 40mm lens. What a great little lens. Using this camera and lens reminds me of my old Olympus slr film camera with a 50mm lens. The only thing missing is the viewfinder. I thought I would miss that, but the LCD screen is so sharp I have no problem focusing it manually. It is not a substitute for my K-5, but is a perfect complement to it. This has got to be one of the greatest camera values available right now.

01-27-2013, 10:35 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Aboard. I got one at a killer price too and am enjoying using it too. Have you tried an optical viewfinder attached via the hotshoe? They're actually kinda fun. I got one for my Q and it works well for either camera.
01-27-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I resisted as long as I could, normally I would rather buy lenses than cameras, but the price is just too good to pass up right now. Ordered mine on Thursday @ $314.95 will be here on Tuesday. Looking forward to trying it with my m42 lenses.