Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #16
Lens Buying Addict

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not on mine.

02-05-2013, 03:56 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Updating firmware does not zero the shutter count.

I have never had a new camera with a shutter count less than 40, apparently it takes at least 20 shutter activations to calibrate it, I want my shutter tested when on the production line, not leave it to me to find any faults and for me to have to send it back, anything less than 100 is fine with me.

To read all the Exif data including the date made what production line, where it was made, what production number it has etc. etc., download PhotoMe (free) and open any recent image into it and PhotoMe will show you all the exif data. It even tells you the history of the lens fitted.

PhotoME - Exif, IPTC & ICC Metadata Editor

Chris
02-06-2013, 04:42 AM   #18

Original Poster
my camera arrived with what seemed used. I saw a small scratch on my screen that wouldnt remove with normal effort. it was in the lcd first glass outside shield. I could see its reflection in the layer of lcd below. The packaging looked as if someone went though the box. and the outside box had a bright orange circle sticker by the bar codes. I read where other people on the forum were going to check their recently received K01's. I checked the shutter count and it had 43 clicks. My concern regarding clicks is I expect to be the first person to use my camera. I dont want a camera where someone has buyers remorse and decides the K01 is not for them. Knowing this up front I would negotiate a lower price. Now my replacement camera arrived with no clicks on the shutter. The packaging looked factory fresh. Now I had inital problems with my camera in the first 30 minutes. It would not auto focus . Most things I tried would not put the camera in auto. The eventual fix was to re seat the lens. I have friends I know who if purchasing the camera who arent really interested in photography and dont have near the patienice I have and would return the camea as a lemon. Having the assurance mine was new I felt the problem in my case was the user not the product. I have to admit I was getting increasingly frustrated .
02-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Is anybody using the Delkin 3 inch pop up hood on the K-01?
Item #: DU3.0-M BLK
Does it fit OK?
I am using the 2.8 inch version on M43 and it works OK, it is detachable and it is a good lcd protector

thanks

02-07-2013, 08:18 PM   #20
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wombat2go Quote
Is anybody using the Delkin 3 inch pop up hood on the K-01?
Item #: DU3.0-M BLK
Does it fit OK?
I am using the 2.8 inch version on M43 and it works OK, it is detachable and it is a good lcd protector

thanks
I've had one for about 2 weeks, the 3.0 inch works fine. It will slightly cover the edges of the screen, but you can still see the info icons. I like that the shroud is removable, for example when indoors. I read in the Amazon reviews that the plastic screen protector messed up the visibility of the lcd screen, so I removed it. No regrets.
02-08-2013, 07:45 AM   #21
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks klaatu, I ordered one + a Pearstone spare battery.
I read a horror story about the clear screen protector, so I will not use it.