Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #1
Inactive Account

sr with manual lens on k-01

When mounting a manual 55mm 1.8 lens on my k-01, the shake reduction appears not to be active. I use an original pentax m42 to pk mount adaptor.
The option to switch on the shake reduction cannot be used in the menu when the manual lens is mounted.

What's the trick to switch the in body sr on?

I should not that pictures do turn out beautifully (color, 3d, bokeh) if shuttertime is sufficiently short.
Thanks for the suggestions. Peter

02-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by peter p Quote
When mounting a manual 55mm 1.8 lens on my k-01, the shake reduction appears not to be active. I use an original pentax m42 to pk mount adaptor.
The option to switch on the shake reduction cannot be used in the menu when the manual lens is mounted.

What's the trick to switch the in body sr on?

I should not that pictures do turn out beautifully (color, 3d, bokeh) if shuttertime is sufficiently short.
Thanks for the suggestions. Peter
You gotta type in the focal length at the prompt shown on startup, or go into the menu and type it in manually in the SR tab, I believe.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-02-2013, 04:23 PM   #3
Veteran Member

The camera should ask you about the focal length of the lens as soon as you turn it on. Select the same number as on the lens and hit OK. Now you should be able to use SR.
The camera will default to "Av" mode with continuous metering unless you have the camera set to M and a fixed ISO. You have to use the aperture ring and stop down that lens by hand.
02-02-2013, 08:12 PM   #4

Photos: Albums
TIP: (I can only answer for the K-01)

On -"M" lenses, I break or clip off the "aperture tang" of the lens. Set the camera to aperture priority, and set aperture on lens. The camera sets shutter to get exposure. Works great! LCD now is "WYSIWYG", with no hassle. I've "fixed" 2 lenses for my K-01. They also work fine on adapters for m4/3.

WARNING! Lens is now ruined, for any other use.

I use the Pentax-M 50mm F1.7 and the Tokina RMC 80-200mm F4.0. Tokina is very soft wide open, better at 5.6, good at 8 and better at 11.

With 2 or 3 close up adapters, I'm ready for nearly any outdoor chore, except wide, and that is next.

This K-01 is quickly growing on me.

02-02-2013, 09:36 PM   #5

I think, rather than disable the M lens for use on my other Pentax bodies by removing the aperture tab, I'd rather put a piece of thin tape over the electrical contacts on the rim of the lens mount on the body. Then the aperture can be set manually on M lenses. Thanks to THoog and others for doing the testing on this technique.