Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
03-31-2016, 08:55 PM   #106

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

This is awsome!! I'd be happy to send my K-01 as I'm not really using it right now. I'm on the east-coast.

One thing about the knob. Is the plan to have the markings "raised" / proud of the top plane of the knob as shown? IMHO it would be better if they were engraved, or recessed, into the knob surface, this way I could fill them with paint to mach the factory markings. Just a thought.

In any event, this is great news, private message me if you'd like.

03-31-2016, 10:33 PM   #107
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K10Perry Quote
All you K-01er's out there: I was contacted by pixelvandal about the lost mode dial issue because I had done some 3D printing for the Q. He wanted to know if a replacement is possible. I have modeled (image below) and test printed a replacement dial that looks pretty cool. Problem is I have no K-01 to test it on nor do I know anyone to test it on. While I could mail to pixelvandal for a test fit, but then we would have to keep mailing dials back & forth until it is correct. Is there anyone in the Salem/Albany Oregon area willing to do a test fitting? The problem is the pin to key the dial orientation. I don't know exact size and location. I have it pretty close, and perhaps good enough, but it needs a test fitting to be correct.
Did you see my post with the measurements and images?
04-01-2016, 01:13 AM - 1 Like   #108
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Achromatter Quote
This is awsome!! I'd be happy to send my K-01 as I'm not really using it right now. I'm on the east-coast.

One thing about the knob. Is the plan to have the markings "raised" / proud of the top plane of the knob as shown? IMHO it would be better if they were engraved, or recessed, into the knob surface, this way I could fill them with paint to mach the factory markings. Just a thought.

In any event, this is great news, private message me if you'd like.
Agree with you about the engravings.
08-28-2016, 02:40 PM   #109
Forum Member

The dial came off my K-01 yesterday, luckily it came off in the hotel room and not when I was out using the camera. After three years of owning this camera, this is the only problem I've had with it. Time to get out the superglue.

Rick

08-28-2016, 05:25 PM   #110
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I used Pliobond. I scraped off the blob of rubber cement that was left on the base.
08-28-2016, 08:53 PM   #111
Forum Member

Hi Mono, I see that members have used all sorts of adhesives to put on the dial, I know I have new superglue so I will most likely use that. I was lucky that the dial came off back in the hotel room, my wife and I were in Columbus, Ohio and we were out at various sites all through the day.

Rick
08-30-2016, 12:34 AM   #112
Pentaxian

I would use a more "soft" type glue than superglue, like one of the silicone based ones. If superglue, it's permanent, pretty much, and also the thick type might be better to ensure that it doesn't run into places you don't want it...

08-30-2016, 07:14 AM   #113
Site Supporter

They're back on eBay again - Pentax K 01 Digital SLR Mode Dial Replacement Repair Part Genuine 77560 0A331 | eBay
08-30-2016, 10:40 PM   #114
Veteran Member

Wow, expensive little beastie! $30 plus $20 shipping to Australia = AUD $66.50 :O
09-13-2016, 04:19 AM   #115
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
My experience: My mode dial cap came off a few months after I bought my K01 in 2012. I consulted the local vendor (in Kota Kinabalu Sabah, Malaysia) as to whether he had any super glue or some easy fixes to attach it back. He said no, and had my camera sent back to the main agent in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia). It took a month before I was able to get back the camera. When I asked if Pentax would automatically extend my warranty by a month, the vendor's technician concerned flatly said no. (He ought to have sought clarification from Pentax: poor service!). Luckily, my replaced dial mode is still OK after a laps of close to 4 years.
09-01-2023, 08:26 AM - 1 Like   #116

Hey folks, I'm aware this thread is SUUUUPER old at this point, but I think it's worthwhile. Using the measurements provided earlier in the thread, plus some monkeying around and lots of revisions, I've created a mode dial that fits just about perfectly and thought others might want the .stl file, which I've uploaded to dropbox - Dropbox - K01 Mode Dial.stl - Simplify your life

My printer is pretty mediocre, but a better one should be able to print the engravings. For my own usage, I just printed one without any markings on the top.

If anyone is interested in one, I'd be happy to print one and send it for a few bucks.

01-17-2024, 08:55 AM   #117

My K-01 also lost the mode dial cover. Truth be told, it happened many years ago (though after several years of intense use) and I never thought to google that problem. I just kept on using it without the cover - frankly I had no problems with that. By now, I'm afraid I have lost it, so if I don't find it in any of the drawers, I'm just super thankful for the 3D model above and all the links!