Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2013, 03:21 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
One Push File Format -- need clarification

I've set One Push File Format to my Green button. When I push it, it sets the next picture I take to JPG + RAW. So far so good.

But what I want to do... is to take the picture as a JPG, look at it on the review screen, and then decide if I also want to save it as RAW... and then -- AFTER I take the picture -- push the Green button to also save it as RAW.

I thought the K-01 could do this -- what am I missing?

02-19-2013, 05:29 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Yes, Jon. You can
See p28 of the manual.. Just tried it, works fine

EDIT: By 'yes you can' - I mean save as RAW after the event.
Not set the green button to do this.
It's easy.
Shoot in JPG
Press Play
Press INFO and choose the histogram display.
If RAW appears at the top right on the screen, press the Av button on the top of the camer (+/-)

You can only do it with the last image shot. If you turn the camera off then it's lost. JPG only after that.

Last edited by Steve.Ledger; 03-21-2013 at 10:29 PM.
02-19-2013, 06:23 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Additional info: the feature only works in single shot mode.
02-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks!
I was worried that I would have to push the button during the 3-sec review display. This is MUCH better.

But it leaves the question... what to assign to the Green button? I've set the Red button to toggle Focus Peak on and off... since I'm nearsighted, and sometimes just like to see it without focus peak. Can always change it back to Movie if needed.

Pentax should team up with Starbucks to have the Green button tell us how far we are from a good cup of coffee.