Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Also no problem with focus peaking using the Hoodman LCD protector.

04-06-2013, 02:29 PM   #17

I purchased a set of GEARMAXX protectors for the K-01 off eBay. I looked and was warned about protectors with adhesive, so when I saw the information on this brand I bought it. The product itself is very nice, the only complaint I have is with the broken English in the instructions and the trouble with the second layer of protective film. In the package you will find two LCD protectors, a micro fiber cloth and a few tacky strips of "dust remover" I cleaned the lcd screen with a Zeiss wipe then with the included micro fiber cloth. The protector has two films on it. You remove #1 then lay it down in a curved position to slowly push out the air as its applied. I kept getting an air bubble in the corner. I lifted the corner and reapplied a few times with the same result. The dust strip instruction sort of said that bubbles can result from dust getting pulled in during installation. So I used one of the strips even though I didn't see any dust and then the protector laid down fine. Peeling off the second layer was trouble. First pulling on the last tab was pulling the whole thing off, then attached tab peeled off leaving the film stuck. I did get it off eventually. For a while I would have sworn that the second layer was part of the protector, but all of a sudden an edge pealed up and left the protector in place. I saw another review where another customer had trouble removing the second layer too and used a razor blade dinging the screen, so I knew to keep sharp objects away. For $8 for two protectors shipped I'm pleased and maybe it will keep the K-01 in nicer shape.
04-12-2013, 01:48 AM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by wombat2go Quote
I am using Delkin Devices DU3.0"-M
Not for its integral screen protector but for the hood.
The hood part is detachable for indoor use.
nice, mine just arrived today, can still see the screen clearly

also ^^ yeah those multi layer protectors are a major pita , have done a few phones and tablets in my time
12-23-2014, 09:34 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Screen Protector for K-01

I just bought a K-01 for the 40mm xs lens to use on my K-3. But as it turns out I really enjoy using the little beast and it handles wonderfully for me. I use a k-50 glass screen protector (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F44MMWQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) I bought on Amazon. Takes a little while to get but I like how it slightly overlaps the K-01 LCD screen and it's cheaper than Acmaxx (but that is what I bought for my K-3!)

12-24-2014, 10:39 AM   #20
Forum Member

I bought self adhesive glass screen protectors for my K-01FOTGA is the brand. Got on ebay for a couple bucks each.