Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I've tried.

QuoteQuote:
Dear elpolodiablo, you do not have permission to access this page or feature.

This could be due to one of several reasons:

You are trying to post an item for sale in the Marketplace, and do not meet the conditions to do so. Click here to donate and gain access! You must either be a Pentaxian or Site Supporter to use the Marketplace.
If you just registered, your account may still be awaiting e-mail conformation; you may not post until you click the activation link e-mailed to you following registration.
You are trying to make a post in a locked thread or administrative forum.
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If using the Marketplace feedback system, are you accidentally trying to leave feedback for yourself?

02-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
avorite is Step Ten, where we take a personal inventory... of our lenses...
Mine is Buy the next one
02-22-2013, 06:49 PM - 1 Like   #33
Lens Buying Addict

Remember the Twelve Steps: The First Step is admitting we are powerless over Lens Buying Addiction...

My favorite is Step Ten, where we take a personal inventory... of our lenses...

I think you meant Step 4 - Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves. Step 10 is "Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it."

The 12 Steps of Lens Buyers Anonymous
  1. We admitted we were powerless over lenses - that our camera bags had become unmanageable.
  2. Came to believe that a Marketplace greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
  3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lenses over to the care of the Forum members, through the Marketplace, as we know them by their PayPal addresses.
  4. Made a searching, fearless and thorough inventory of our camera bags.
  5. Admitted to the Marketplace, to ourselves, and to another special person (looking over our shoulders as we type) the exact nature of our finances.
  6. Were entirely ready to have the Marketplace remove all these defects of rational judgment about shooting with what we have, not what we dream about.
  7. Humbly asked the Marketplace to remove our excess lenses for a reasonable price.
  8. Made a list of all buyers we had harmed by refusing to sell, and became willing to make amends to them all.
  9. Made direct amends to such buyers wherever possible, except when to do so would just injure them with this affliction.
  10. Continued to take inventory of our camera bags, and when we bought something we didn't need promptly sold it.
  11. Sought through taking photographs and posting them in the forum to improve our conscious contact with the members, seeking only a vision of the Golden Spiral and the skill to carry that out.
  12. Having had an artistic awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other Lens Buying Addicts, and to practice these principles in all our lustful affairs with camera equipment.
02-22-2013, 07:40 PM   #34
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I think you meant Step 4 - Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves. Step 10 is "Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it."

Oh, I'm in a different support group, the LBAAAA (it's for people who are addicted to collecting lenses while driving). Our Step 10 is "Continued to take a personal inventory of our lenses, and where there were gaps in our collection, promptly admitted it."

02-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #35
Lens Buying Addict

Oh, I'm in a different support group, the LBAAAA (it's for people who are addicted to collecting lenses while driving). Our Step 10 is "Continued to take a personal inventory of our lenses, and where there were gaps in our collection, promptly admitted it."
So then you admit you were wrong in the completeness of your lens inventory?
02-23-2013, 05:20 AM   #36
Site Supporter

So then you admit you were wrong in the completeness of your lens inventory? |
If that will allow me to buy another lens
02-23-2013, 05:45 AM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter

So then you admit you were wrong in the completeness of your lens inventory?
Well it was complete, at the time, but there's always more inventory to add to the inventory!
02-23-2013, 07:28 PM   #38
Loyal Site Supporter

Getting back to the lofty subject of Lenspr0n, here's a new addition to the hoard collection, a Rikenon P 35-70 f/3.4-4.5. In keeping with my theme of small (cheap) lenses for the K-01, it's one of the smallest zooms out there (maybe a hair smaller than the A35-70 or F35-70). It's nice and light (plastic build). Optics seem decent if not spectacular, tho' I haven't had good weather to put it through its paces yet. I de-fanged the Ricoh pin, and also taped the mount so that the aperture ring works with Manual+AutoISO. The aperture ring is whole-stops only - I'm thinking about adding notches between f/3.4, 5.6, and 8.

02-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #39
Site Supporter

I really did not want to do this:
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
02-28-2013, 01:15 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
I really did not want to do this:
Phwoar!

Anyone got any shots with the 43mm and 35mm Ltds on this beauty?
02-28-2013, 11:41 PM   #41

This is my first attempt to post photos, hope it worksó I'm uncertain about size requirements. I don't have any old exotic Pentax lenses, but hope it's still of interest to others to share lens collections. Perhaps three of my lenses are not so likely to be owned by others:

1) Sigma 24-70/3.5-5.6 UC which I estimate is from ~ 1998 era, I bought it 'new' 3 months ago for 145 AUD. It's good at the wide end, not so good at the long, but it's very compact, smaller than the Pentax 18-55 kit lens, and I find the focal length useful.

2) Sigma 24-60/2.8 EX DG. A full frame lens about 8 years old in design, I found it last year 'new' at a great price. It is big and heavy, but a brilliant performer.

3) Sigma 28-70/2.8 EX DG. Ditto. This one I bought 7 years ago but can't bear to part with it. Wish I had a 24-70/2.8 but they're just too big and expensive.
Attached Images

03-01-2013, 11:16 AM   #42
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by houseofstyles Quote
This is my first attempt to post photos, hope it worksó I'm uncertain about size requirements. I don't have any old exotic Pentax lenses, but hope it's still of interest to others to share lens collections. Perhaps three of my lenses are not so likely to be owned by others
Nice! I hadn't noticed the 24-70 before, and I thought I'd snooped all the "small" zooms. There goes the LBA again...