Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
03-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I hold my K-01 like this, from I think the KX manual, but obviously about 6" in front of my face so I can see the LCD. I wear glasses (lined tri-focals) and it is actually easier to shoot this way than through the viewfinder. With my elbows in I get a stable platform for the camera body.

In fact it is a gripped camera such as my K10D or SF1n that is uncomfortable to me.
Maybe this needs to be in a sticky for the K-01! Note that in position 'B', his thumb is on the shutter release. Gangsta grip!

How did anyone ever take a picture with a K-series body (K1000, KX, etc.)? Thin slab-sided shape, no contoured grip, 10% heavier than a K-01... Was it because they didn't have the Internet to tell them it was impossible?

03-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #17

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by awo425 Quote
"grip" is laughable.After 3 days of using this camera, I think that the only comfortable way for a person with small hands is to keep left hand under the camera and lens, and have the whole weight of camera on this hand.
I am not using it with 40mm lens
You mean like how you're supposed to hold a camera? Oh the humanity!
03-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #18
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Maybe this needs to be in a sticky for the K-01! Note that in position 'B', his thumb is on the shutter release. Gangsta grip!

How did anyone ever take a picture with a K-series body (K1000, KX, etc.)? Thin slab-sided shape, no contoured grip, 10% heavier than a K-01... Was it because they didn't have the Internet to tell them it was impossible?
I've wondered that myself, since I've been reading the criticisms of K-01 ergonomics. I don't hold my K that differently than the way I learned to hold the original "Brick" an Argus C 3.
03-12-2013, 06:03 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
When I hold it, the padded area under my thumb (and before my wrist) keeps hitting the 4 way controller. I can't count how many times my WB goes to CTE by itself. And it also hits the drive mode too (which controls whether it's single shot, timer, etc).

03-14-2013, 03:28 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by chiane Quote
You mean like how you're supposed to hold a camera? Oh the humanity!
Yep, the old, true, analogue way. The last camera that required this was my another favorite - *istD
I've had 5-6 cameras in between (including much bigger 5D2) that were much easier to hold due to a nicely sculptured right hand grip.
But none of them had this pretty yellow rubber body.