Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2013, 04:32 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Just got my K-01

I bought the K-01 with 40mm lens kit and it just came in a couple days ago. I bought this camera as a financial compromise to fill in the performance gaps of my K200D (which I love), without upgrading to a K5. Those gaps being the inability to shoot at higher ISO and the lack of video capability. The 40mm prime just sweetened the pot. I'll post a more in depth assessment as I get to use it more, but my first impression is that I love it and bang for your buck it probably can't be beat right now. Today I had to take pictures of a training class in a large room that I didn't have the option of adding my own lighting too and a couple things I instantly love about this camera - the live view, the high iso performance (compared to K200D). I've only ever shot through a viewfinder so I wasn't sure how I was going to like not having one, but I noticed one advantage in this situation and that is inconspicousness. I was taking pictures but obviously I didn't want to distract from the trainging. Being able to hold the camera in a more natural standing position while taking picures wasn't nearly as distracting to the people in the class as holding a view finder to my eye evertime I wanted to take a picture. One of my friends from the class said he didn't even realize I was taking pictures until he noticed that I pressed the shutter release. The ability to shoot at a higher ISO was just fantastic.

03-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Update to the latest firmware and you will be even more impressed.
03-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cyclone3d Quote
Update to the latest firmware and you will be even more impressed.
Congrats, you will love it.