Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2013, 03:45 PM   #31
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rob22315 Quote
Yes it can. There's a browser interface that will transfer RAW. In the end, I don't use the card - it's too slow and my shooting habits don't need immediate transfer to a tablet or computer. Also, android tablets don't have color management so good photo editing is guesswork. I may sell it.
Interesting comments. What editing app would you even be able to really use? Especially with a RAW file? Mostly I am interested so I can quickly review some photos as there is a lot that is revealed on a larger screen.

04-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by colonel00 Quote
Interesting comments. What editing app would you even be able to really use? Especially with a RAW file? Mostly I am interested so I can quickly review some photos as there is a lot that is revealed on a larger screen.
JPEG would work, Photoshop Touch is pretty good. There are one or two android apps based on dcraw that might work (if you know what dcraw is) on a DNG. They don't list the K-01 as one of the compatible cameras but I think they do list the K-30 which has the same processor and might produce a compatible file.
04-11-2013, 06:00 PM   #33

QuoteOriginally posted by Rob22315 Quote
Yes it can. There's a browser interface that will transfer RAW. In the end, I don't use the card - it's too slow and my shooting habits don't need immediate transfer to a tablet or computer. Also, android tablets don't have color management so good photo editing is guesswork. I may sell it.
Thanks for the information. If RAW transfer is slow then it won't be of much use.
04-12-2013, 12:46 PM   #34
Veteran Member

An app that sounds up the alley of what you want is ShutterSnitch - which supports EyeFi, Trancend and Toshiba WiFi cards for previews, warnings etc. of photos squirted to it from the SD card. I do not know if ShutterSnitch works with RAWs, though, haven't tried it myself.

04-13-2013, 08:58 PM   #35
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
An app that sounds up the alley of what you want is ShutterSnitch - which supports EyeFi, Trancend and Toshiba WiFi cards for previews, warnings etc. of photos squirted to it from the SD card. I do not know if ShutterSnitch works with RAWs, though, haven't tried it myself.

Thanks for the suggestion since I do have an Eye-fi card in my P&S as well. Unfortunately it is only for Apple products and I have all android.
04-14-2013, 02:30 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Thanks for the suggestion since I do have an Eye-fi card in my P&S as well. Unfortunately it is only for Apple products and I have all android.
Well, there are ways to fix that, of course....

I'm afraid that I do not know of any good photo apps, and certainly none that do what you want, for Android.