Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #1

Remote triggering

Are they any options for triggering the K-01 remote besides that crappy little IR remote. I would ideally like to have a cluster of them around a room that I can trigger for a central spot in a room when recording a live production. There are products to this with Canon, Nikon, and Sony but I have yet to see any for any Pentax model.

03-18-2013, 11:10 PM   #2
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by allknowingeye Quote
Are they any options for triggering the K-01 remote besides that crappy little IR remote. I would ideally like to have a cluster of them around a room that I can trigger for a central spot in a room when recording a live production. There are products to this with Canon, Nikon, and Sony but I have yet to see any for any Pentax model.
You can do it with the K-5 (and maybe the K-30, not sure) with Cactus triggers (for instance), but K-01 has no option without rigging up something special to convert a radio signal to an IR signal.
03-19-2013, 05:07 AM   #3
Banned

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
You can do it with the K-5 (and maybe the K-30, not sure) with Cactus triggers (for instance), but K-01 has no option without rigging up something special to convert a radio signal to an IR signal.
But someone with an intermediate level of electronics and/or radio specialities might be able to help. Give a few of the local Radio Shacks a visit. Even a local high school shop class or a vo-tech school. An adapter could be configured for probably less than one hundred.

Also noting; there could be an easier option IF one would have good control over indoor lighting. Simply rig up a trigger to a flash only and one could bypass one that would be used for the camera body
03-19-2013, 06:18 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Medium FormatPro Quote
But someone with an intermediate level of electronics and/or radio specialities might be able to help. Give a few of the local Radio Shacks a visit. Even a local high school shop class or a vo-tech school. An adapter could be configured for probably less than one hundred.

Also noting; there could be an easier option IF one would have good control over indoor lighting. Simply rig up a trigger to a flash only and one could bypass one that would be used for the camera body
You mean like this thread?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/do-yourself/186110-make-wired-release-any...ir-camera.html

I made one of these, the only thing I altered was to use a 2.5mm socket so I could use it with my RF-602 cable to get radio triggering.

Note this will only trigger the camera there is no half press to auto focus.

Many thanks to Jim Johnson for the original idea.

Chris

03-20-2013, 06:36 AM   #5

Original Poster
The reason I am looking for this function is not so much for remote triggering but because of the limited video recording time. If a place a camera in room in a spot I can't get easily when the show starts the K-01 becomes a problem because you only have like 15-16 minutes recording time. Is there any way to get the camera to start recording a new file at the end of that period without having to manual trigger it?