Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2013, 08:43 PM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
2) Adjust screen brightness and keep the screen clean. Any fingerprints or other grime will make the screen glare more bothersome.
This would be my advice. I'm sure the other suggestions are helpful, but I don't see them as necessary.

04-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by Rob22315 Quote
... I accidentally ordered two of the Delkins but didn't mind in the end because I had to return my first K-01 for an exchange but had already installed one of the Delkins on it.

The taped frame isn't reuseable but the hoods are all the same so I now have a spare hood if the first one breaks. On the exchanged K-01, I peeled the frame off the camera before I sent it back and it came off without damaging the camera finish...
Again, I really dont understand. There is nothing attached with Adhesive Tape with the Kaiser DigiShield. The mount is attached via the tripod socket.

Last edited by GXRUser; 04-01-2013 at 01:03 PM.
04-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GXRUser Quote

- The best LCD Hood/Loup is the CarrySpeed Swivi VF3. It has a incredible tripod screw mounting system. The attachment plate doubles as an Arca-Swiss mounting plate. Very adjustable. Look at the videos at Carry Speed.

VF-3 Universal LCD View Finder by Carry Speed | Carry Speed Store

That's a pretty cool thing ...
04-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GXRUser Quote
Again, I really dont understand. There is nothing attached with Adhesive Tape with the Delkin DigiShield. The mount is attached via the tripod socket.
The Delkin that is attached by double-sided tape is this model:
Universal Black Pop-Up Shade for 3.0 Inch Diagonal LCDs
I like the fold-out shade, but I'd prefer to have one that attaches like yours or the Kaiser. The four little clip tabs on the folding part of my Delkin kept popping out of the frame, so the folding part kept dropping off. After the fourth or fifth time of falling off, one of the side pieces was lost. Then not long after that the rest disappeared.

Honestly, I don't abuse my equipment. This happened while carrying the camera by the neck strap over the shoulder or setting it on the car seat. It doesn't take much pressure to unclip those tabs.

04-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by nparsons13 Quote
The Delkin that is attached by double-sided tape is this model:
Universal Black Pop-Up Shade for 3.0 Inch Diagonal LCDs
I like the fold-out shade, but I'd prefer to have one that attaches like yours or the Kaiser. The four little clip tabs on the folding part of my Delkin kept popping out of the frame, so the folding part kept dropping off. After the fourth or fifth time of falling off, one of the side pieces was lost. Then not long after that the rest disappeared.

Honestly, I don't abuse my equipment. This happened while carrying the camera by the neck strap over the shoulder or setting it on the car seat. It doesn't take much pressure to unclip those tabs.
First, my error. I mistakenly thought you were talking about the Kaiser.

I understand now....