Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2014, 08:31 AM - 1 Like   #166
Site Supporter
GeneV's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Albuquerque NM
Photos: Albums
Posts: 9,761
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxaholic Quote
How about posting a sample image?
Not exactly street photography, but walking around a gym full of costumed dancers last August with a Rokinon 8mm fisheye on the K01 held at waist level at hyperfocal.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-01  Photo 
11-03-2014, 09:42 AM   #167
Forum Member




Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 76
Thanks for sharing! It's neat to see what the different lenses produce!
11-03-2014, 05:48 PM   #168
Loyal Site Supporter
Mikesul's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,477
It would be very difficult to detect the difference between a picture taken with the K-01 and a k5 without reference to the EXIFs. I love the quality of the K-01 even though I now have a K3.
11-03-2014, 06:58 PM   #169
Pentaxian
Na Horuk's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Slovenia, probably
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,325
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
It would be very difficult to detect the difference between a picture taken with the K-01 and a k5 without reference to the EXIFs.
The K-01 is the sharper one!

11-03-2014, 07:02 PM   #170
Loyal Site Supporter
Mikesul's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,477
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
The K-01 is the sharper one!
Of course! I agree that this is usually the case. At first I thought it was an illusion but over time it is often true.
11-03-2014, 07:20 PM   #171
Forum Member




Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 76
Sharpness on K-01 and K3

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
The K-01 is the sharper one!
I have BOTH the K-01 and K3
Sharpness is determined by the user's settings and the quality of the glass. (and I probably should add skill level)
They are BOTH very capable of TACK SHARP/CRISP images! You can adjust sharpness, contrast, saturation, hue and hi key/low key for nearly endless combinations!

I LOVE them BOTH!!!!!!!
11-03-2014, 09:34 PM   #172
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NJ
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,705
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxaholic Quote
I have BOTH the K-01 and K3
Sharpness is determined by the user's settings and the quality of the glass. (and I probably should add skill level)
They are BOTH very capable of TACK SHARP/CRISP images! You can adjust sharpness, contrast, saturation, hue and hi key/low key for nearly endless combinations!

I LOVE them BOTH!!!!!!!
What the 2 posters above you are referencing is the K-5 has a stronger anti-aliasing (AA) filter than the K-01, leading to images which are just slightly softer.
11-04-2014, 07:43 AM   #173
Forum Member




Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 76
Sorry- My mistake

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
What the 2 posters above you are referencing is the K-5 has a stronger anti-aliasing (AA) filter than the K-01, leading to images which are just slightly softer.
I guess I should wear my reading glasses! Thanks for the correction!

11-04-2014, 10:16 AM   #174
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NJ
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,705
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxaholic Quote
I guess I should wear my reading glasses! Thanks for the correction!
Don't worry, no reading glasses necessary! The anti-aliasing filter thing is just one of those little tidbits you pick up while reading through the forum.

The K-3, of course, has no AA filter at all, and as you noted produces super-sharp photos when paired with good glass.
11-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #175
Forum Member




Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 76
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Don't worry, no reading glasses necessary! The anti-aliasing filter thing is just one of those little tidbits you pick up while reading through the forum.

The K-3, of course, has no AA filter at all, and as you noted produces super-sharp photos when paired with good glass.
And may I add, settings matter, and technique as well.
Thanks for being so forgiving of my blunder!
11-04-2014, 05:50 PM   #176
Loyal Site Supporter
Mikesul's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,477
Well,yes, technique obviously matters but what is interesting in this thread is that the much maligned K01 is a superior photographing machine. All honors to our little brick!!
11-04-2014, 06:55 PM   #177
Loyal Site Supporter
ivanvernon's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Medina, OH
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,567
Nobody is keeping score

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxaholic Quote
And may I add, settings matter, and technique as well.
Thanks for being so forgiving of my blunder!
Nobody is keeping score. The Forum is not that kind of place!
11-04-2014, 07:01 PM - 1 Like   #178
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Far North Qld
Posts: 3,250
QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Nobody is keeping score. The Forum is not that kind of place!
Except this forum records 'Likes'
11-06-2014, 09:08 AM   #179
New Member




Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 24
QuoteOriginally posted by Spodeworld Quote
My main beef is the lack of an EVF, as it is so hard to use on a sunny day.
You're probably aware of the excellent Swivi viewfinder/eyepiece that shades the LED from the sun. Amazon, Ebay, etc. There's a thread on this forum somewhere.
11-07-2014, 11:04 AM   #180
Forum Member




Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 76
Viewfinder Link for K01

Can anyone provide a link to information about this viewfinder?

---------- Post added 11-07-14 at 12:08 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Well,yes, technique obviously matters but what is interesting in this thread is that the much maligned K01 is a superior photographing machine. All honors to our little brick!!
I mentioned technique, because often people buy new cameras and are unhappy with results. They then blame the camera, rather than adjusting camera settings to suit their likeness and examining their technique. Tweaking a camera's settings to suit photographers taste can make all the difference in the world and so can examining technique!

Yes, the K01 is certainly in a class all its own, IMHO!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
aps, camera, cameras, da, ir, k-01, k-1, k01, lens, lenses, liveview, mirror, mirrorless, pentax, pentax k-01, picture, plastic, pm, post, quality, sensors, size, sony, spec, viewfinder, window
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Very very cheap K-01 jena Pentax K-01 7 03-28-2013 04:44 PM
Pentax K-01 Oz stock A$299.95 from Ted's Camera raider Pentax Price Watch 14 12-10-2012 06:18 PM
K-01 as a backup camera ? Please help me decide ! Matchete Pentax K-01 11 07-07-2012 05:57 AM
Be VERY Careful looking for K-01 bargains Docrwm Pentax K-01 7 03-14-2012 11:28 AM
Very, Very, Very Large Format Camera Available shutterdrone General Talk 22 03-22-2008 10:43 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:00 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top