Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-20-2013, 11:40 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, at this point my only cameras are 2 K-01's (yellow and white) and the Q. Sold my other bodies to KEH just last week. My photography is mostly travel, landscape, some street photography, so I really don't lean towards long lenses. So far the K-01 has been great for what I shoot. (And the Q comes with me pretty much all the time, either in my daily backpack or a pocket.) I don't plan on getting another camera body, but may add a lens or two to my collection. I'm very happy with the K-01 and the Q.

04-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I sold my D5000 two months ago and ordered a K-01 yesterday.

So, yeah, it's replacing my DSLR.
04-22-2013, 07:03 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wanderography Quote
I don't really understand the whole "not for action sports" thing, maybe if you rely on AF than ya you'll have issues. But I find the screen way better than an OVF and this is coming from someone who mainly shoots just film on a MX, perfect vision and staring through a viewfinder for too long still makes me dizzy... If you practice the focus peaking you'll learn to use it to track subjects and since your not glued to a viewfinder you'll be able to see whats coming in and out of frame like a rangefinder. I feel if you want to use your high quality manual focus lenses for sports the K-01 will be perfect.
If you use manual lenses, then the K-01 is for you. I enjoy the focus peaking with manual lenses. If you would like the AF to work on action, especially in lower light, it is not. The speed of the CD AF is maddening.