Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-14-2013, 05:00 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
When will the K-01 madness end?

Hi, I have been looking for a K-01 for some time, but as you may have noticed, prices did not drop in Europe as they did in the US and Australia, making it a little difficult to put hands on one, at the desired price. While the price gap between geographical regions may appear large, it seems natural (at least to me?) that the system will reach an equilibrium at one point.
Just wondering what you think: will the prices go back up in the US, will they finally go down in the other regions, will they meet halfway?
Also note that this topic was started out of sheer curiosity, as the funds for the camera are now long gone on other stuff

04-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kcobain1992 Quote
Hi, I have been looking for a K-01 for some time, but as you may have noticed, prices did not drop in Europe as they did in the US and Australia, making it a little difficult to put hands on one, at the desired price. While the price gap between geographical regions may appear large, it seems natural (at least to me?) that the system will reach an equilibrium at one point.
Just wondering what you think: will the prices go back up in the US, will they finally go down in the other regions, will they meet halfway?
Also note that this topic was started out of sheer curiosity, as the funds for the camera are now long gone on other stuff
The K-01 is sold out in the US. The body-only prices reached a low of $249-$269.

If they're selling better in Europe (are they), then perhaps they see no reason to drop the price?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

For me, the K-01 madness will end when they pry my K-01 from my cold, dead hands - but I don't think that's what you were asking...
04-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #4
Pentaxian

The stock in Sweden seems soon to be depleted too. The biggest online camera store here Cyberphoto.se had their blow out sale a while ago and the whole stock emptied in a few days. The remaining stock in stores here seems to keep itself priced at or above the K-5, not like in the US.

04-14-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
Yos
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
The stock in Sweden seems soon to be depleted too. The biggest online camera store here Cyberphoto.se had their blow out sale a while ago and the whole stock emptied in a few days. The remaining stock in stores here seems to keep itself priced at or above the K-5, not like in the US.
Yeah, I really regret I did not buy the K-01 when I had the chance The cyberphoto.se deal was amazing...
Will ask my Pentax dealer in Beijing how many K-01 he actually have left... Maybe I buy one before moving back to Sweden
04-15-2013, 09:10 AM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Still available in the UK from SRS at bargain prices

Pentax K-01 Cameras - Compact System Cameras - SRS Microsystems

Must have some new stock in as the yellow and silver versions are now available again.

Pity about your depleted resources as now is the time to buy, stocks must disappear soon.

Another tip with SRS quote your Pentax User forum ID and they give you free overnight carriage. At least on the UK Pentax forum they do.

Chris
04-15-2013, 12:12 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The K-01 is sold out in the US. The body-only prices reached a low of $249-$269.

If they're selling better in Europe (are they), then perhaps they see no reason to drop the price?
Yes, they are
04-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisJ Quote
Still available in the UK from SRS at bargain prices

Pentax K-01 Cameras - Compact System Cameras - SRS Microsystems

Must have some new stock in as the yellow and silver versions are now available again.

Pity about your depleted resources as now is the time to buy, stocks must disappear soon.

Another tip with SRS quote your Pentax User forum ID and they give you free overnight carriage. At least on the UK Pentax forum they do.

Chris
I really didn't know about them, thanks! The body-only looks very tempting, to be honest, the 40mm kit is 110 GBP more expensive, by comparison. Anyway, USA is still way cheaper nevertheless. But will see if I can make up something.

04-15-2013, 06:54 PM   #9
Veteran Member

There are still some in the US. Adorama has the 40mm kit with the free designer case for $469. B&h still has the 2 lens kit for $469. Of course the hottest deals (the cheaper 40mm kits without the case and the bodies seem to be gone). Amazon had bodies for $300 and 40mm kits for $400 from third party sellers.

I'm guessing the rest of the cheap ones will dry up soon enough and the remaining ones will be people selling for high dollar.