Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2013, 07:06 PM   #1

AF autozoom possible with manual lens ?

Is it possible to get the screen to zoom up with the old manual lenses ? Works fine with my auto focus lenses but what I really want it for is to use autozoom together with focus peaking for my manual focus lenses. The screen is not accurate enough as-is with my 50 @ f1.4

Also is there a way to just default the lens length so I don't have to hit the OK button every time I start the camera with a manual lens attached ?

Thanks Tim

Last edited by tmessenger; 04-15-2013 at 07:58 PM.
04-16-2013, 12:26 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I'm not certain what you're asking here.

Are you asking if, when using liveview, the screen will zoom as the lens is zoomed in/out?

If so, yes, liveview is just showing you what the sensor is seeing, zooming the lens in will mean the image projected by the lens is more magnified. (no different to how you can see the image zoom in/out through the viewfinder)
04-16-2013, 01:36 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If autozoom is activated in menu, pressing the OK button gives you zoom with manual focus lenses as you know. The e-Dial will give you switchable 2X or 4X zoom.

With focus peaking on I find that if you swing the focus ring it just 'pops' into focus, like it did when using the old fresnel lenses on some SLR cameras. I don't use focus zoom much.

Chris
04-16-2013, 08:18 AM   #4

Original Poster
Ah didn't know about pushing the OK button to zoom the screen, just got the camera and the seller is still looking for the manual. @ f1.4 I wasn't finding the normal screen accurate enough for placing focus now with the screen zoomed 4x I can get it exact.

Thank you.

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisJ Quote
If autozoom is activated in menu, pressing the OK button gives you zoom with manual focus lenses as you know. The e-Dial will give you switchable 2X or 4X zoom.

With focus peaking on I find that if you swing the focus ring it just 'pops' into focus, like it did when using the old fresnel lenses on some SLR cameras. I don't use focus zoom much.

Chris