Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2013, 08:48 AM   #16

...well, you may not "have" to ... the RF602 TX has an led that when the trigger is manually pressed half-way the GREEN led lights and a wake up signal is sent to the RX, when the trigger is pressed "full" the led sends a fire signal and the led color changes to red...what I noticed (without the tape on the hot shoe, upper right contact) was that the green LED was flashing randomly, without activation, everything worked fine, it was just the random green led activation that bothered me...so I taped the upper right corner contact of the hot shoe and all was well...you may experience different results

04-26-2013, 08:55 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ronnie B Quote
...well, you may not "have" to ... the RF602 TX has an led that when the trigger is manually pressed half-way the GREEN led lights and a wake up signal is sent to the RX, when the trigger is pressed "full" the led sends a fire signal and the led color changes to red...what I noticed (without the tape on the hot shoe, upper right contact) was that the green LED was flashing randomly, without activation, everything worked fine, it was just the random green led activation that bothered me...so I taped the upper right corner contact of the hot shoe and all was well...you may experience different results
Well, sorry my mistake, actually I have the Canon version, not the Nikon, so that explains why I didn't observed this behaviour

Thanks for the explanation anyway.
04-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #18

...interesting, I tried the Canon version and could never get them to trigger the flash... so, someone posted that I needed the Nikon version as the Canon pin configuration did not match Pentax...so I tried the Nikon version and all was well, except for the covering of the upper right hot shoe pin contact...interesting
04-26-2013, 12:05 PM   #19

Photos: Gallery
I have the Canon version of the Cowboy Studio triggers as well. Everything works just fine if I'm using AV, but when I switch to fully manual, I can't get the flash to fire. I was fighting this issue last night.