Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2013, 06:27 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
GGS Perfect and glasses

I've been wondering how well the GGS performs on the K-01. Also, is it difficult to use with glasses? How is the cup against the glasses? And, is it hard to see the whole screen? If so, how inconvenient is it?

Thanks

04-27-2013, 07:08 AM   #2

Photos: Albums
You mean GGS Swivi Foldable LCD Viewfinder? Waiting the pigeon next week and report feedback later ( Sorry I do not wear glasses).
04-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
How was your experience with the DELKIN shade?

Too Fiddly? I have had mine for about a week and really like it. The removable shade hood is its best part, I think.
Best regards...

04-27-2013, 09:41 AM   #5

I meant the swivi version. The mounting plate is set to the camera via tripod socket under the camera and you can adjust the viewfinder horizontally, vertically and front/rear according to the dimension of your camera.
04-27-2013, 09:53 AM   #6

Btw, an overview of a similar product
04-27-2013, 12:37 PM   #7

Works OK

Hi, Spodeworld, I have the GGS foldable 3X loupe which mounts to the LCD screen and it works fine. I have pretty bad eyes and i can generally adjust the diopter to my vision with or without glasses.
It fits tighter to your face, blocking out the light with no glasses, BUT i've also used it and adjusted it to my glasses.
Works OK with the rubber keepring the lenses from being scratched. I can generally see the whole screen by moving it slightly on my face, with or without glasses.
It's not the most durable or tough product, but I tend to be easy on my equipment.
You can switch it to a K5 or even the Q if you get extra lcd screen mounts--about $US 9-12 each from Amazon.
Look up the reviews from Amazon and you'll find good and bad reviews. Some complain about the glue on the screen not holding. Mine -so far so good after 3 months--I'll see in the hot summer months..
If you use it on the Q you will have it protruding a bit top or bottom-your choice when mounted. But it does work.
Any more questions- let me know.
George
04-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #8

P.S.- at B&H they have a 3" magnetic viewfinder loupe with 2x magnification for about US$25.00. It's different from GGs and I have never used it. so can't comment on view or durability of item. It does come with 2 screens and a strap and carry case. It works magnetically--also does not fold out of the way. Take a look "XIT 3" LCD Viewfinder Loupe"
Like I said I have not handled or seen this loupe but what is good about B&H is that if you don't like it---send it back. You'll only be out return postage. If you are from NEW JOISEY maybe you can get to the city sometime.
Hope it helps

04-27-2013, 03:04 PM   #9
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Thanks NYNOIR. We're barely over the border in New Jersey and I work by Bryant Park, so getting over to B&H isn't too difficult.

Last edited by Spodeworld; 04-27-2013 at 07:43 PM.