Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cristigj Quote
My best guess is that it was shutter lubricant (I am not entirely sure that the K-o1'a leaf shutter has a lubricant applied to its moving parts, but I would be surprised if it didn't)
I'm pretty sure the K-01 doesn't have a leaf shutter. It's a regular one. Could the the oil actually coming from some old lens?

In any case a good thread on what to do when regular cleaning is not working. I usually start with the rocket blower then the Pentax stick. I can see that in some cases it may not be enough. On my K-01 I never had to do cleaning up till now and I change lenses quite often on it. I guess the coating is very good at repelling common dust.

06-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wanderography Quote
heres the link Amazon.com: Digital Survival KIT - Sensor Swab Type 2 (w/Eclipse): Camera & Photo , I bought that one, I don't know the difference between type 1, 2, or 3. I just know the type 2 pack specifically states pentax k-5 and comes with a little bit of everything, so I figured same sensor in K-01, should be good. This is one of the best products I have used for sensor cleaning. I also used the pentax stick and just made things a whole lot worse.
Just put in my order. Thanks for the info!
06-11-2013, 04:08 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ManuH Quote
I'm pretty sure the K-01 doesn't have a leaf shutter. It's a regular one. Could the the oil actually coming from some old lens?
Doubt that, I only have 6 lenses and they are all pristine. Black spots bombarded my sensor and nothing would remove them no choice but a wet cleaning method. The same spots are also on my Q, but I cant clean the sensor because it has that weird plastic guard covering the sensor.
06-11-2013, 09:01 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wanderography Quote
Doubt that, I only have 6 lenses and they are all pristine. Black spots bombarded my sensor and nothing would remove them no choice but a wet cleaning method. The same spots are also on my Q, but I cant clean the sensor because it has that weird plastic guard covering the sensor.
But this is not a very common issue and it seems weird that you have 2 cameras with this problem! Did you attach any of these lenses to your Q by any chance?

06-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hi

My contribution on the subject.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5/219921-i-need-dust-spot-id-ple...ml#post2335984

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5/176442-stubborn-dust.html

Greetings