Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This is for the K-30, mind you - the K-01 could act differently.

Enable focus peaking, then under the setting for 'Live View" (#4 on the K-30), you'll see a box for Bright/Dark Area. Check that one. When you go to shoot in Live View any potentially blown out shadows and highlights will flash either yellow or red.

Since the K-01 is all Live View, All the Time, I assume its probably worded a bit differently, but keep an eye for the "Bright/Dark Areas" checkbox.

EDIT: Page 190 of the K-01 manual, its under Live View > Rec. Mode 3 > Bright/Dark Areas, the same area will show grid and histogram options.

Last edited by Sagitta; 05-27-2013 at 09:48 PM.
05-27-2013, 11:19 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
EDIT: Page 190 of the K-01 manual, its under Live View > Rec. Mode 3 > Bright/Dark Areas, the same area will show grid and histogram options.
Thanks a lot, got it. Somehow I find it a bit obstructive but may be I need to experiment more. Thanks once again.
05-28-2013, 03:21 PM   #18
Forum Member

I have noticed that when I use my rokinon 85mm 1.4 that the FP does not work it almost always misses the focus and I just turned it off and am now getting much better focus with my shots.
05-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #19
Forum Member

When set to manual focusing, the K-01 opens the aperture

QuoteOriginally posted by SyncGuy Quote
lenses are stopped down, and therefore, affecting DOF. So, usually, shooting any faster than f/2.8 is pretty much a guesswork as what you are seeing on the FP feedback is actually NOT the accurate chosen wide aperture. Most of the time, i see that it is stopped down to ~f/3.5 and above, especially in good light (look at the front of the lens in light)...
When I set my K-01 to manual focus mode and press the OK button to zoom in for focusing, the camera opens the lens up to maximum aperture so that manual focusing with focus peaking is done at the widest aperture.

The camera also opens the lens up to the widest aperture while autofocusing.

Cheers,

05-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by slocant Quote
When I set my K-01 to manual focus mode and press the OK button to zoom in for focusing, the camera opens the lens up to maximum aperture so that manual focusing with focus peaking is done at the widest aperture.

The camera also opens the lens up to the widest aperture while autofocusing.

Cheers,
Ah...! I see now... Wonder why can't that be done without zooming in? Wouldn't it be better? Just curious...
05-28-2013, 07:55 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SyncGuy Quote
Wonder why can't that be done without zooming in?
If you're not zooming in,
the camera may have the priority
of protecting the sensor from overload
by stopping down the lens.