Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-30-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Shutter speed changes even with AE-L during continuous shooting.

I noticed today that when my K-01 is in either green "Auto" or "P" mode, the camera changes shutter speed after the first shot during continuous shooting. It doesn't matter what the shutter speed is, the first shot will be properly metered, and all following shots will be with a 1 stop faster shutter speed. I was shocked to see that this happens even with auto exposure lock engaged. In Tv, Av, M, etc this does not happen.

Has anyone else noticed this?

05-31-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Hardly shocking.

The behaviour you want is achieved by using Av.

The "Auto" and "P" modes are intended for use by people who don't know much about photography and wouldn't know what the AE-L was all about.
05-31-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I thought AE-L locked the exposure settings as long as the * is present on the screen. On mine this clearly is not the case.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
changes, k-01, k01, mirrorless, pentax k-01, shot, shutter