Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #16

My favorite effects are the various cx-processing options, as well as the bleach bypass. I only shoot in RAW, so I don't use most of the other gimmicky settings. I really like using the in-camera settings for RAW shots because it dramatically cuts down the PP time and allows me to "see" the shot as it turns out, rather than "playing with an image" in PP.

07-31-2013, 09:48 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Hello again, everyone.

Here 's a photo I took recently at a local car show.

Since this roadster has a nostalgic vibe, I started out with the K-01's in camera retro effect with a white frame added.

This was nice enough by itself, but then, I decided to see what I could do in Lightroom; here's what I did:

1.) Exposure reduced by .56 of a stop.
2.) Highlights -30, whites,-20.
3.) Full soft-focus using the clarity effect all the way to -100. (Maximum) I rarely use it past -50, but it seems suited to this shot.
4.) Split-toning effect: Highlights and shadows: saturation set at 50 for both, hue set at 32 for both.

The K-01's effects plus Lightroom make for some very nice results, but I'm beginning to realize that certain photos lend themselves to certain effects and not to others.

Photoshop must be wild!

Mike

Last edited by Mike Bokeh; 02-21-2015 at 09:51 AM.