Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #1
Veteran Member

A few thoughts on my K-01- a ? and some snaps

Well it is a month or so old... and just took it and the canon sx50 on a roadtrip. The canon did most of the work but I did use the k-01 for some people snaps...
One question I have... I use a wrist strap on the K-01 just like I did with the Kx. but unfortunately I cant hit any of the buttons on top with the handstrap on... So I have taken to using my thumb for all three buttons. Anybody else shoot the K-01 with their thumb?

Anyway, I am enjoying the camera. it seems to work well for my kind of head and shoulder shots... and does work well with my old MF lenses, but the focus peaking is really dependent on the scene you are shooting and the amount of sun hitting the lcd. Still probably worth it for my F1.2 / 1.4 lenses.

Really wish there was a firmware update for the 'wavy' video issue with SR on... will try some tripod stuff with SR off soon. But wholly smokes how did they ship this camera with such bad video/SR combination?

Some quick shots... some posted in Lens threads but wanted to give props in the K-01 forum.

Thanks for looking...

08-06-2013, 02:49 PM - 1 Like   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by Billy Joe Quote
Well it is a month or so old... and just took it and the canon sx50 on a roadtrip. The canon did most of the work but I did use the k-01 for some people snaps...
One question I have... I use a wrist strap on the K-01 just like I did with the Kx. but unfortunately I cant hit any of the buttons on top with the handstrap on... So I have taken to using my thumb for all three buttons. Anybody else shoot the K-01 with their thumb?
Thats the best way to do it!

08-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxian_tmb Quote
Thats the best way to do it!
It is the only way to do it with my hand strap... haha

Nice to know I am not the only one with the new Trigger Thumb
08-06-2013, 04:05 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice shots BJ! Yeah, I occasionally use my thumb even when I'm not using a handstrap. I also agree about the video. I never turn on the SR during video for that reason.

08-11-2013, 11:51 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks for checkin' in CR... and thanks again for the examples and inspiration that got me screwin' lenses on a camera again. And for all your help, when I first decided to get the camera...

Now I must really get some of those old lenses on this thing.

Trioplan 100... the bubble machine...

Thought Bubbles

Helios 44M as portrait snapper...