Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-09-2013, 06:37 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Focus peaking colors

I sent an email to Ricoh Imaging yesterday suggesting that they do firmware updates to include user selectable colors for focus peaking. I would like to suggest that others who agree it would be of value do the same. If enough voices speak up it might work.

Here's the URL. I selected to submit via web form:

Contact Us - PENTAX Imaging USA

Here is the response I got from them.

Dear Steven,

Thank you for contacting PENTAX.

Also, thank you for your suggestions and information regarding options for focus peaking colors. Product engineering and design decisions themselves come out of our parent company, RICOH Corporation, in Japan. RICOH Corporation directs how all RICOH products are developed, and any strategic alliances of a global nature are formed at that level.
I will be happy to forward your correspondence to our parent company and RICOH subsidiaries, in a report designed for concerns such as these. RICOH always appreciates hearing from the consumer public regarding the use of RICOH products, or regarding suggestions for new products or improvements in any area. We appreciate you taking your time to express your thoughts.

If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center at 800-877-0155.

Sincerely,
Randall S.
RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION
PHONE: 800.234.0276 / 800.877.0155

Your Email:
Please consider a firmware update for all pentax cameras with focus peaking. (I also have a k30). The LCDs can be hard to see under bright conditions and the competition wiyh focus peaking accommodates for this by allowing the user to select from a number of colors for outlining. The functionality is excellent but hampered by always having white which is sometimes barely usable where other colors would be much easier to discern. A firmware update like this would make these Pentaxes so much more enjoyable and easier to use. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Steven Brener

08-09-2013, 08:02 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Good idea! I would also love to have focus peaking during video!
08-09-2013, 08:26 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Then please let them know. It seems like they've done the hard work of implementing focus peaking. I don't believe that enabling color selection would entail major development.
08-13-2013, 11:19 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Refer here,..
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-01/223804-my-k-01-firmware-1-04-...yours-too.html

Focus Peaking Colours, Check!

QuoteQuote:
I will be happy to forward your correspondence to our parent company and RICOH subsidiaries, in a report designed for concerns such as these.
I emailed the Australian rep about firmware updates, and they also said they would pass on the feedback to the head office in Japan.
That they have 'a report designed' for that task is very reassuring.
Looking through all the other camera's firmware updates, it's pretty obvious that the people making the firmware and hardware care a great deal about the 'user experience', and work directly to making the products better for the user.

Kind of the opposite to crApple, who bend the users to the crApple way, rather then making the users happier by making the product work better.
Makes me more likely to buy more Pentax and less crApple.

08-14-2013, 06:12 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I hope more folks contact Pentax. It would really boost the usability of this very valuable function.