Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2013, 12:14 PM   #1

Best SDHC Card 32 GB

Hi my friends.I search my k-01 600x sdcard ? Because Long Exposure 30 Second up my intervalometer just 70 photo after message intervalometer complete.

pls help me ?

thankyou.

09-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #2

Original Poster
Is This Pentax K-01 Support UHS-1 UHS-I ? Do You knows ?
09-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pilgrimage Quote
Is This Pentax K-01 Support UHS-1 UHS-I ? Do You knows ?
It doesn't support UHS-I, so the camera doesn't really benefit from a faster card above 30Mb/s or so.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-03-2013, 04:00 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For HD video you need Class 6 cards or above, the K-01 hasn't the processor speed to make use of really fast cards, but you do reap the speed benefit when downloading your images to your computer. I have a 16gB UHS 1 card which can download a full card in under 3 minutes. You need USB 3 native on the motherboard of your computer and a USB 3 card reader get that speed.

The K-01 can use the UHS 1 card, but there's no increase in speed whilst it's in the camera, I don't get any more frames per second for example.

I use only Sandisk Extreme cards, these have several advantages (at a price) they are shockproof, totally waterproof and the X Ray machines at airports can't wipe your images no matter how much they turn it up. Sandisk Extreme and Ultra also have the advantage of being able to write to their controlling chip. Memory is paged on SD cards and if a page of memory corrupts the the card will automatically detect it and alter the control chip to use another page (all SD cards have spare memory) during POST (Power on Self Test) when the camera starts up. Lexar cards can also do this, cheap cards can't. Extreme 3 cards are guaranteed for life, if a card fails for any reason, including physical damage Sandisk will replace it. Never had to use it, but it's good to know it's there.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisJ; 09-03-2013 at 04:15 AM.
09-03-2013, 05:30 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisJ Quote
...Extreme 3 cards are guaranteed for life, if a card fails for any reason, including physical damage Sandisk will replace it...
Had the little card lock slider break on a three year old heavily used Extreme 3 card. After a little no hassle back and forth with SanDisk, the card was quickly replaced. No problems since.

Cheers... M