Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2013, 10:00 PM   #1
Forum Member

exposure bracketing for hdr in post

Hi guys, the noob is back for yet another settings question.

I downloaded photmatix for hdr processing and I am trying to find out how to get my k-01 to bracket 5 exposures instead of just three as do other pentax models (wouldnt know how to execute on those models either) but I cant seem to find where in the settings to toggle from 3 images to 5 or even 7 if possible. Does any one know how to set this?

From the screen that allows to set +/- exposure value I don't see anywhere to select how many exposures.

I stepped out while the clouds were coming and took this set which i used for my first test of photomatix. Its not the best (water hit the lens filter) but I would love to use more exposures without having to touch (and potentially move) the camera again.

Last edited by glealisla; 09-10-2013 at 10:33 PM.
09-10-2013, 10:22 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I believe that the K-01 is fixed at 3 bracketed images. See the top of page 85 in the manual.My K100 can only do 3 also, while my K5 is able to do 5.

I do believe that you may "fool" it in to doing more, by using the [+/-] Av button (page 84 in the manual). Dial in a -2ev, then take a 3 image bracket, then dial in a +2ev and take another 3 image bracket set. If you have a 2 ev bracket set then across the two sets of images you should have +4, +2, 0, -2, -4. Just be careful to not move the camera on the tripod when making the Av change.

Nice image - nice rich deep greens...

09-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Looks like you answered my question. fixed at 3, damn..

The way you mentioned ive tried but noticed that the camera orientation does seem to move a little. Looks like i have to live with it

Thanks!