Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-06-2014, 02:24 AM - 1 Like   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
Well, I've got "good enough" results with a Kenko 2X APK Macro TELEPLUS MC7, but camera has always been a "lowly" K100DS, and I still have to try it on "the brick"... I fear I'll see every possible defect then, which has been so far masked (and not always with success) by the 6MP sensor...

Good luck, LensBeginner.

I put a used Tamron 1.7x on my DA 50-135, and reckon the resulting quality wasn't all that different from a crop, to be honest.

Hope your experience is better.

11-06-2014, 02:45 AM - 1 Like   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Good luck, LensBeginner.

I put a used Tamron 1.7x on my DA 50-135, and reckon the resulting quality wasn't all that different from a crop, to be honest.

Hope your experience is better.
Well, the TC part ( the 7 lenses) is one bit, the other is the macro function (i.e. the helicoid), and to have that you'd have to crop quite a bit...
As a TC, it sucks...
Many people find the courage to break all the lenses and use it just as an extension tube...
11-06-2014, 06:05 AM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
Many people find the courage to break all the lenses and use it just as an extension tube...

Yeah, I laughed when I read that somewhere. Ah, well, it's a sin to waste ...
11-06-2014, 06:12 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Yeah, I laughed when I read that somewhere. Ah, well, it's a sin to waste ...
Hey, as long as it works...
I paid 15 euro for mine so it would not be such a great waste...

11-06-2014, 03:11 PM   #20

Original Poster
adapter, equivalent focal lengths

I think many would say avoid putting glass adapters (like teleconverters) on bodies if possible, K.

Particularly low end ones like this.

Not sure I follow, Krema.

The 70 would act as a 45mm or so FoV lens, and be a stop wider, effectively.

Where do the 105, 140 and 385 come into it?
Hello Clacker,

About the "speed booster" adapter, I did see a few threads here from last year about it being usable, but I didn't see any samples or follow-up posts going into details about the results. I could take a chance and try it out because I have a cheap NEX camera to use it with.

About the focal lengths, I would like to gain the most utility from any expensive lens purchase (expensive for me, that is). That's why I mentioned the Q, M43 and Sony cameras. With the 70mm Sigma mounted on each one with an adapter I'd get a range of focal lengths as well as the 105mm of the Sigma mounted directly on the K-01. With the speed booster on the Sony it should be about 75mm, which if its any good, would be a good setup for different applications - as opposed to buying a 100mm, 150mm and longer macros.