Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2013, 01:11 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
An easy-to-do small improvement to AE-L button confusion

Today, I put a little piece of black gaffer tape (like duct tape, only better) over the little AE/L button on the back of my K-01. I use spot exposure a lot, and was always mixing up that button with the Play button just below it. Like pushing the Play button by mistake while composing a picture.

Now, the AE/L button feels different, as it is covered by the cloth gaffer tape. No more confusion.

Apologies in advance to anyone who thinks this is too trivial to warrant a post... but it makes a BIG difference for me!

10-21-2013, 05:25 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for sharing. I think you can also find glue-on buttons in some online stores or ebays. Just have to find one of the right diameter. Some photographers like to add them to the shutter button to give it more texture and grip
10-21-2013, 06:33 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Yeah like Na Horuk said.
Maybe one of those self adhesive soft clear plastic pads they put as a bumper behind kitchen cupboard doors would do.
10-21-2013, 07:58 AM   #4
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jon404 Quote
Apologies in advance to anyone who thinks this is too trivial to warrant a post...
ROFLMAO!!

Only on PF will someone post a useful, thoughtful, actually helpful idea and apologize for it. As opposed to threads with 300+ posts arguing about whether having "Ricoh" on the back of the k-3 is a bad idea.

Thank You for your positive contribution! And I just love gaffer's tape, makes duct tape a cheap joke!

10-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Great idea, thanks for the suggestion.
I already do something similar with my Sigma zoom lenses to differentiate the zoom ring from the focus override.
I use a rubber wristband (like the LiveStrong bands) on the zoom ring, then I can tell which is which by feeling it without taking my eye off the viewinder.
This is critical to me for sports shooting and birding.