Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2013, 09:07 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Add your best K-01 videos here.

This thread is to show homage to the video capabilities of the K01, as well as to enlighten people about what can be achieved with the "yellow-brick."
Please feel free to share any videos shot with the k01.

One thing I love about the K-01 is the ability to film at up to 1/4000s. The main advantage is that I can film during the day with a lens wide open without the need of any external filters.

10-24-2013, 10:43 PM   #2
Pentaxian

[1] Pre Focus then shoot.
[2] Turn off Movie SR
[3] Use a tripod (get used to it, they are your friend)
[4] If you must pan - use a tripod with pan head.
10-25-2013, 02:09 AM   #3

I like the video. Maybe it's not technically perfect but it's interesting. Tripod and pre focus would have made this movie impossible I think.
10-25-2013, 02:23 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Well there will be some in english too next month, but my basic language is Dutch.

Making a serie aboyt the Belgium women's soccerteam Standard Femina de Liège from Luik.

UEFA Women's Champions League: Standard de Liège - Glasgow City FC

BeNe League (competition at the highest level from teams in Belgium and The Netherlands): PSV/FCE - Standard de Liège

There are two more video's coming, but I first have to make them. One is from the World Cup qualification game between Belgium and Portugal and the fourth one is a compilation about the Standard's players in october where they had a huge program with games in the BeNe League, Champions League and World Cup qualification and had 8 games to play with some major traveling.

10-25-2013, 07:50 AM   #5
mbp

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sledger Quote
[1] Pre Focus then shoot.
[2] Turn off Movie SR
[3] Use a tripod (get used to it, they are your friend)
[4] If you must pan - use a tripod with pan head.
Thanks for the criticism, but....
[1] It was cold and windy, and I wanted to show what it looked like with the SR turn On.
[2] I didn't have a tripod with me when I filmed the clip.
[3] I wanted to show what the K01 does if you "didn't" pan.
[4] The main purpose of the video is to show how good it looks at a high shutter speed which allows me to shoot at an aperture wide open, thus the bokeh.
We can all share and learn from each other's thoughts and opinions; but please try to resist the urge to 'school' someone on how to take videos. If there is a better way to do it, be kind and share your k01 videos with us. I know I would love to see it.

@RonHendriks1966 I love your videos. Did you use the k01 to take the pictures in the BeNe League video? I know that the k01 can be difficult when shooting fast moving objects, but wow. Your images are sharp! I can't wait to see the video of the World Cup qualification game between Belgium and Portugal.
10-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mbp Quote
@RonHendriks1966 I love your videos. Did you use the k01 to take the pictures in the BeNe League video? I know that the k01 can be difficult when shooting fast moving objects, but wow. Your images are sharp! I can't wait to see the video of the World Cup qualification game between Belgium and Portugal.
The stills are made with K-5 and DA*300mm except for the coverimages, those are made with the K-01 and FA31mm.
10-26-2013, 08:57 AM   #7
mbp

Original Poster
This is a video I found while browsing on youtube. It is filmed by Georgiy Nykyforets.

Here's a link to his website: George N. Photographer +38 050 257 47 79 | George N. Photographer Wedding , Famyli , Baby , ??????, ????,???????? ???. ?????????? ???????? ???? ???????? ????? ????? ?????????? )))
10-27-2013, 03:37 AM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mbp Quote
wow that is a nice video.

10-29-2013, 01:49 PM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

Not the best quality, shot it when i had just bought the K01
Maybe i should redo it now, just to see how much better i can get out of it now...

10-29-2013, 02:09 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Just want to add another one.
In all honesty, not all of it is the K01, some of it is with a canon...
sound is not final...

10-29-2013, 05:02 PM   #11
mbp

Original Poster
Wow, Grispie, stunning shots and beautiful panning, specially the one at the beach.
10-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #12
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by grispie Quote
Not the best quality, shot it when i had just bought the K01
Maybe i should redo it now, just to see how much better i can get out of it now...

These both are just great. I saw what lenses you used on the beach movie. I have to say I suck at videos with my biggest problem handling focus and depth of field. Can you give me some pointers on how you do handle this, and what ISO's are you shooting at?
10-30-2013, 10:55 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rmalbers Quote
These both are just great. I saw what lenses you used on the beach movie. I have to say I suck at videos with my biggest problem handling focus and depth of field. Can you give me some pointers on how you do handle this, and what ISO's are you shooting at?
goh, for focus and depth of field. It probably is safest to use a rather closed aperture. remember that this was shot during daytime, allowing to close the aperture. Most of the time i try iso 200 or 400 if i have to.
But what i've learned as well, is to plan your shots as much as possible!
I read some people complain that focus peaking is not there during recording, but if you planned well, it should not be a problem.
Glad you like them, took quite some time :-) especially the farmer. But we got free milk!
11-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #14
Pentaxian

World Cup qualification game: Belgium - Portugal

Last thursday I made another video. This is the third video about the girls from Standard de Liège. This time playing for the Belgium Red Flames.

There is one more video coming. This will be a compilation from the first three video's, but with also some new interviews. There will be next to Dutch also French in it and maybe one interview in english. So I'm thinking of making it with english subtitles.
12-15-2013, 12:08 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Shot this on Thursday evening last week, it's a mate of mine doing a song by Creed, to be played in dedication to a friend of his that passed away recently.

AWB, 50mm f2 close-ups, 24mm f2.8 for the wide. ISO800.

Main light source is a Chinese Lantern with three 12watt LED globes inside it, about half way between the camera and the singer, and about a foot above his height.

Tasker (singing) edited it. And yes, I think he mixed up the Aspect Ratio in iMovie.

The Guitarist is Bob Spenser from the ARIA hall of fame rock band The Angels ( may be know as 'The Black Angels' in Nth America. )

Bob did the audio with the guitar recorded directly, and a hand-held style microphone just out of frame pointing to Tasker.

https://vimeo.com/81885411

Last edited by PiDicus Rex; 12-15-2013 at 12:40 AM.