Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
@Jacquot -- before I started using the loupe with gaffer tape, I modified a baseball hat by velcro-ing a black cloth flap on it -- to hang down the back and down the right side. This worked, but imperfectly... not as convenient as the attached loupe. I think the black cloth would work best if you are using a tripod... your classic retro look -- but I'm on the move all the time, mostly unplanned snapshots where I need to keep things as simple as possible.

@Steve -- gaffer tape is wonderful. Hollywood's gift to the world. It just holds and holds... you don't have to retape it all the time... no sticky residue when you remove it... worth every penny. With the loupe, it definitely makes the K-01 look very distinctive. Since I've taped it up, have had five people -- other photographers -- asking me what kind of camera it was, and whether I was a professional on an assignment. Great fun!

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
frame, k-01, k01, mirrorless, pentax k-01, viewfinder