Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-17-2013, 11:02 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sending body for AF adjust?

I know the k-01 is contrast based and doesn't suffer from FF or BF. but I have a lens DA35 that is under warranty for a few-more weeks, so I thought I'd send it and a sigma lens to CRIS in PHX to get them cleaned & micro-adjusted. Will they need the k-01 too? I could send it anyway for a cleaning and inspection.
Recommendations?
K-01, da 35 2.4 and sigma 10-20

11-17-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you send your K-01 for AF adjust they will probably just send it back and charge you the shipping. Maybe you have a faulty lens, maybe a faulty camera, maybe (no offense) you are just using things wrong
Maybe if you upload some sample photos with exif data. We have had quite a few threads on this forum where it turned out AF was fine and it was all user error.
Common causes for blurred photos:
-focus is in the AF area, but not on the object the person expected. Often its a contrasty background
-wide aperture, which means narrow DoF can make photos look like they are misfocused
-shutter speed is too long for hand-held photos, so things seem blurry
-faulty lens

On the other hand, sure, you can send in your lenses and your camera. Get them CLA'd, cleaned. If your warranty covers it, it won't hurt. Otherwise, it might cost you a bit
11-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by PBandJ Quote
I know the k-01 is contrast based and doesn't suffer from FF or BF. but I have a lens DA35 that is under warranty for a few-more weeks, so I thought I'd send it and a sigma lens to CRIS in PHX to get them cleaned & micro-adjusted. Will they need the k-01 too? I could send it anyway for a cleaning and inspection.
Recommendations?
K-01, da 35 2.4 and sigma 10-20
Yeah, both the da 35 and k-01 are under warranty. So I figured why not?? The da warranty expires
In a few weeks

I just bought a sigma 10-20 [for the 2d time] and shld get it next week. I know there are QC issues with sigma. I will post some samples. Thx
11-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
but I have a lens DA35 that is under warranty for a few-more weeks, so I thought I'd send it and a sigma lens to CRIS in PHX to get them cleaned & micro-adjusted. Will they need the k-01 too?
You might want to check CRIS about this first. From your post you don't mention that you are having any problems with the lens, just that you want it cleaned and adjusted. I am not sure that is covered by warranty? I know the extended 2 year camera warranty includes 1 cleaning but never heard that was the case with lenses. Great if it is, but if you are expecting this to be free and it is not? Might be best to check first to see what they charge.

11-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
You might want to check CRIS about this first. From your post you don't mention that you are having any problems with the lens, just that you want it cleaned and adjusted. I am not sure that is covered by warranty? I know the extended 2 year camera warranty includes 1 cleaning but never heard that was the case with lenses. Great if it is, but if you are expecting this to be free and it is not? Might be best to check first to see what they charge.
Good idea. I will.
12-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Good idea. I will.
Update- my lenses and body are on the way back.
They cleaned & tuned them up to spec and sent them back no charge- k-01 and 3 lenses.
I don't know if they needed adjustment, but I feel better knowing they were checked.

5 star operation as far as I'm concerned!