Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2013, 05:43 PM   #1
Forum Member

K-01 with defective internal microphone

Does anyone else have this problem? One of my K-01s is having a problem with sound during shooting movies. The camera is almost brand new. When shooting movies, the normal sounds are very soft and there is a very loud popping or crackling noise whenever the body or lens is touched, it seems. Sounds like an electrical short or defective mic to me. My other K-01, with the same lens shooting the same videos, has perfect sound...no problems at all.

Should I send my K-01 in for repairs? Anyone else have this microphone issue with their K-01? Help!

12-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rdj92807 Quote
Does anyone else have this problem? One of my K-01s is having a problem with sound during shooting movies. The camera is almost brand new. When shooting movies, the normal sounds are very soft and there is a very loud popping or crackling noise whenever the body or lens is touched, it seems. Sounds like an electrical short or defective mic to me. My other K-01, with the same lens shooting the same videos, has perfect sound...no problems at all.

Should I send my K-01 in for repairs? Anyone else have this microphone issue with their K-01? Help!
Sorry to hear one of your K-01's has sound recording problems. I've bought mine - used - from the marketplace (of this forum) but I have no problems with it. Sincerely I'm following the "history" of the K-01 since the beginning, and I never hear/read anything like you've described... Bad luck
12-23-2013, 11:05 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
I did more testing tonight. The loud static in the mic, occurs any time you gently tap the top command dial.
Anyone else notice this? My other K-01 does not do this.
12-23-2013, 11:14 PM   #4
Pentaxian

My other K-01, with the same lens shooting the same videos, has perfect sound...no problems at all.
My other K-01 does not do this.
I'm no expert but from your comments it seems quite likely that you have a faulty unit - I suggest you get it fixed under wty.