Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wo/man's best friend! (Handstrap suggestions)

[IMG][/IMG]

These dog collars attached using end pieces of a Q strap to the K 01's has worked wonders for me! I have used these for more than a year without any problem.

01-01-2014, 06:21 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Interesting use of dog collar. maybe with a choker, then a good way to teach yourself not to drop teh cam?? lol..

I personally like the Nikon AH-N1000 made for the 1 series. You have to be willing to live with the fact that it says "Nikon 1" on it somewhere. But it's leather, works with pretty much any cam and is super cheap. Just picked one up off eBay for $2.-

This site has good pics of it: Nikon ??????????icemic@blog
01-03-2014, 03:27 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Handstrap is OK, but not for K-01

I bought this from ebay:
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Leather-Camera-Wrist-Strap-Hand-Grip-For-Canon-EOS-Ni...MJg~~60_12.JPG
(I did not post the ebay url on purpose - I don't know if it's allowed here - PM me if you are interested)

Taking in consideration the price I did not expect such a nice quality - it is well done. In the end I'm using it on my old trusty K20D instead of the K-01, because simply it is not comfortable on the later one, because if you tighten it to have good fit - then you cannot reach the shutter release button nor the menu buttons

Mind you, that on both cameras the handstrap's lower connection part (which has to be screwed in to the tripod mount) will block the battery door! On the positive side: you can still mount the quick release plate with the handstrap on.
01-03-2014, 05:43 PM   #4
Pentaxian

I have two straps - one funky leather unit popular on this forum:
gordy's camera straps

Another I use for the K-30 is better made than you would expect, and tightens on wrist nicely using the weight of the camera:
Joby Wrist Strap JB01271 - Best Buy

I'd rank the Joby as functionally better, and more comfortable. The Gordy is very basic, does what you would expect, comes customized to the length, color and contrasting binding to your order specs.

Either one can be set up to use small split rings and optional o-rings to allow you still to accommodate a neck strap if you want to get creative with brass claw connectors on the neck strap (I have that set up on the K-01 - works great).

01-03-2014, 06:12 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice idea, and I likely have a few in the drawers around here, too.
01-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Just to give you a better idea of how it sets up with slip rings, o-rings, and the claws - here it is. Mostly I use the wrist strap. Allows me to be more modular with my favorite neck straps, so another bonus. Of course, my heavier duty strap goes on the tripod mount - and that goes onto the K-30 which doesn't have this modification. I tend to use my larger lenses with the K-30.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
02-07-2014, 01:54 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Here is my contribution to the handstrap suggestions thread.
The strap you can see in the first photo is the original Pentax Auto 110 strap - and I have to tell you that it fits exactly on the K-01.
After trying a few solutions which did not worked for me, finally I have the real thing for my Stormtrooper brick.
As you can see on the second photo, I also use the original neck strap (mostly when I'm shooting in the nature, and I have to move the tripod, bags etc - and I need my hands to be free) with two claw connectors, which can be attached to the camera without taking off the handstrap.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K20D  Photo 
02-07-2014, 02:25 PM - 1 Like   #8
Moderator PEG Judges

QuoteOriginally posted by mccarvindh Quote
Woman's best friend!
It should be the same as a mans best friend... a Black Lab.