Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
02-05-2014, 05:54 PM   #31
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mvaro2002 Quote
thanks so far for the answers; I am really looking forward to this camera.
Right now I have a Nikon P7700, served me very well, I just hope I will not miss all the buttons, dials and the tilt screen too much.

Another thought; I am planning to buy the set with the two kit lenses but would like to buy an 18-135mm Lens with the main aim to just carry around less glass (and therefore sell the kit lenses). In addition I am going to buy the 40mm XS or a 35mm; but thats not so urgent.
What do you all think about the 18-135?!
The 18-135mm is a lot better because of the silent autofocus IMO. No more bzzt bzzt compared to the other two lenses, plus you get a more convenient zoom range at all times.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-05-2014, 06:27 PM   #32

..alternatively a lens starting at 16 would be great. Sometimes its of great usage...so many choices
02-05-2014, 08:16 PM   #33

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Interesting that you're considering that lens. I just bought myself the 18-135 and I'm pretty happy with it so far! Quiet, much more versatile as a solo walk-around lens, and it'll still be useful if I decide to upgrade to a Pentax DSLR in the future.

The AF on my copy is a little louder than I expected it to be, though. I know it's a K-01 and has the slower CDAF, but here's a video showing what I mean. It was in a darkish environment and I'd have to test it side by side with a DSLR to be sure, but let me know what you guys think.

Edit: I directly compared it to my 40mm XS lens and WOW. No, the 18-135mm isn't completely silent, but MUCH quieter than the kit lens and in the real world (compared to my unnaturally quiet room), the sound is basically imperceptible.

Last edited by cafazucar; 02-05-2014 at 08:34 PM.
02-05-2014, 08:17 PM   #34
Site Supporter

I'm seriously coveting a k-01. Maybe Pentax will announce the k-02 & some of yall will drop your 01s on the market.