Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2014, 10:37 AM   #1

Video Output to computer monitor on k-01?

Hi all. I'm far behind the times, and this question may have a very obvious answer:

Can the Pentax K-01 be attached to a standard external computer monitor to output its LiveView feed, possibly via a mini-usb to vga OR hdmi-vga adapter? (The monitor that I have in mind also has DVI-D.)

I'd love to have this capability, which I intend to use to focus and preview images as an adjunct to still (mainly stationary studio) photography. It seems like this must be a standard feature at this point, but I need to be clear about it before I buy one. My current camera is seven years vintage, giving no clue as to current technology.

01-18-2014, 01:24 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The K-01 has an HDMI port that you can use for the purpose. It also has an AV port which you can use if you get a cable with composite connectors.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-18-2014, 02:10 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The K-01 has an HDMI port that you can use for the purpose. It also has an AV port which you can use if you get a cable with composite connectors.
But IIRC Pentax turns off recording when the HDMI port is in use. So no monitoring while recording...
01-18-2014, 03:54 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
The K-01 has an HDMI port that you can use for the purpose.
No, this is incorrect. HDMI is only for playback.
Only vga via the av port is possible for live view/record monitoring and it's rubbish - don't bother.