Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-08-2014, 09:19 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
Maybe it's this guy? Asked about K-01 and weird artefacts when sending the camera up on a weather balloon with a 28mm lens...

EDIT: also (from the linked thread above) Near Space Ballooning and lo and behold, in the pics from launch #6 are pics of the Grand Canyon... Name matches too. It's him.
That's great, I agree he's the same guy. Thanks for pointing that out.

It doesn't look like he's had much activity since late last year, so I'll just tag this post with his username right here: @joflaig
and the next time he logs in, maybe he'll realize how much we appreciate his work!

02-08-2014, 10:42 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by calculator01 Quote
I think most people shy away from hydrogen ever since the Hindenburg
I don't know why. You get better lift, it's cheaper (I used to make it in our back shed when I was a boy) and the Hindenburg fire was more dangerous because of the diesel on board. Hydrogen burns with a non-luminous flame at atmospheric pressure. The public might have been put off, but people who do a little research for projects like this should know better.