Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2014, 07:05 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bracketing and remote flash

I can't find any way to bracket with a remote shutter release for my K-01. It seems like you can either select bracketing or remote, but not both. Does anyone know if you can do both and how?

03-09-2014, 10:11 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I've seen the question before, possibly for another model though. Cable release is the solution, but I don't know if the K-01 has a connector for that.
03-09-2014, 01:22 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
It doesn't have a cable release connection as far as i can determine.
03-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #4
Pentaxian

In principle, the camera should be able to do it, since you can shoot in HDR mode with (IR) remote shutter release. But it appears the UI simply won't allow it... Maybe try tethered shooting? Not so long ago, DNA Software were looking for beta testers for a plugin to do precisely this in Lightroom. Not sure where they are at now, but this page claims support for K-01 tethered shooting. Hope this helps...

03-09-2014, 03:03 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
HDR mode ends up with a single image, otherwise that would be a solution. As far as tethered shooting is concerned, do you mean triggering from a laptop/PC? Wish there was something more convenient.
03-09-2014, 03:35 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Spodeworld Quote
HDR mode ends up with a single image, otherwise that would be a solution.
Right, it's not a solution. It only shows that the camera's operating system is capable of bracketing while also listening for the IR shutter signal. It's just that the camera's UI doesn't allow you to turn on both features at once.

QuoteQuote:
As far as tethered shooting is concerned, do you mean triggering from a laptop/PC? Wish there was something more convenient.
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. I am pointing you at a (new) piece of software (a plugin for Lightroom) that claims to support tethered shooting with the K-01, and whose authors were requesting Pentax volunteers on the forums recently to test out Pentax support. If it works - I don't have it, so I can't test - maybe it's better to have an inconvenient solution than no solution at all... There's also, AFAIK, another app called PKTether, but I read that it doesn't work with the K-01, so support of this and other Pentax models from DNA Software seems like welcome news...

Last edited by Doundounba; 03-09-2014 at 03:51 PM.