Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2014, 10:07 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bracketing with Manual focus lenses

I think I am going crazy. I don't seem to be able to make bracketing work with Manual lenses on my new K-01. I have several that are A lenses and some M lenses. They work fine on my K5ii, and bracketing works on Autofocus DA lenses, but not on the manual ones.

Can someone give me some help. My understanding is A lenses should work fine in other modes (metering) and the green button for the M and K lenses.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

08-12-2014, 12:16 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Are you talking about "extended bracketing" (taking 1 photo, and it gets processed 3 different ways to make 3 JPGs) or exposure bracketing (taking more than one photo at different exposures from a single shutter release)?
08-12-2014, 12:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Exposure bracketing. Thank you for the question.
08-12-2014, 04:55 PM   #4

Mike, we need more info.

Do you have your camera set up to use manual-focus lenses? That is, in Custom Menu 3 have you set "16. Using Aperture Ring" to "2 Enable"? Then in Rec. Mode Menu 3 have you set "Button Customization" > "Green Button" > "Action in M/TAv Mode" > "Tv Shift"?

Have you set the button to the right of the OK button (with the self-timer icon) to "Exposure Bracketing"?

What mode are you shooting in? With A lenses, are you using the A setting on the aperture ring, or are you trying to set the aperture manually? Are you using manual or auto ISO?

I use auto bracketing with manual lenses all the time, so it definitely can be done.

Noel

08-12-2014, 05:08 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by nparsons13 Quote
Mike, we need more info.

Do you have your camera set up to use manual-focus lenses? That is, in Custom Menu 3 have you set "16. Using Aperture Ring" to "2 Enable"? Then in Rec. Mode Menu 3 have you set "Button Customization" > "Green Button" > "Action in M/TAv Mode" > "Tv Shift"?

Have you set the button to the right of the OK button (with the self-timer icon) to "Exposure Bracketing"?

What mode are you shooting in? With A lenses, are you using the A setting on the aperture ring, or are you trying to set the aperture manually? Are you using manual or auto ISO?

I use auto bracketing with manual lenses all the time, so it definitely can be done.

Noel
Thank you Noel, it was the button to the right hand side of OK that was not set. Now working perfectly.

Merci ...
08-13-2014, 08:47 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Now I'm really confused -- how did it work with DA lenses if you hadn't set exposure bracketing up?
08-13-2014, 09:08 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
A great question. I can only assume I changed the bracketing setting by mistake. I am used to the settings on my K5ii, so couldn't find the settings on the K-01, which are in a much more logical place. However the combination is a little tricky with all the manual lens settings etc. I will try and recreate what I did if it was more than use "user error".