Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2014, 08:06 AM   #1
Banned

Photos: Gallery
HEMA #mobileprints

Overhere we had fotoweek, for one week lots of events about photography everywhere in the Netherlands. For that we could order a set of so called #mobileprints, small prints 5x5 cm with black border. So I just did the images with Anaïs for my presentation onPhotokina, so I ordered a set of 10 from that shoot. Normaly they go per 20 and extra sets can be put in. They also have next to this mini square, also square and mini stretch formats. It's for the selfie generation, but they look real cool. You don't need that many pixels for these prints. I guess it's 200 dpi printing.

Just looks great. These are for Anaïs, but they can work great for simply presentation to your work. Made with K-01 and FA*85mm and one single studioflash.

09-25-2014, 03:32 PM   #2
Forum Member

Interesting. Is it some kind of printing service? I wonder what kind printing tech they use to print those. Do you happen to know?
09-25-2014, 03:55 PM   #3
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dyoon153 Quote
Interesting. Is it some kind of printing service? I wonder what kind printing tech they use to print those. Do you happen to know?
It's aimed at smartphone users. They have three versions, square 5,75cm, square 10,2cm and 5,75x8,35cm (wich is 4 inch diameter) all with that side around the image. It is of rough structure, like fineart watercolor paper, but then maybe 150dpi to 200 dpi print or so. Trying to get those kids back in printing to give their girlfriend a real print or for grandma to put in het wallet. They also have some photobooks to make at similar sizes and somen bigger.

You can upload images even directly from facebook and instagram, so don't mind IQ. I do wonder if this will be used by young people.
09-26-2014, 09:02 AM   #4
Forum Member

I see... I work at printshop so I was interested what kind of printing method they used to print those (inkjet, laser, thermal, etc).
I think how much it costs and how instant they can print and provide photos will be deciding factor for their success....