Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2014, 09:14 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
SR on digital will need a larger image circle.
I think there was debate about this before, about just how much bigger the image circle would have to be. If I remember right, the answers were all over the place, some claiming only one or two millimeters (which means many legacy lenses would work and new designs would not be too difficult), others claiming a much bigger circle. This could be dealt with by making certain lenses in-lens SR (ones with small image circle) and keeping in-camera SR for the others. Pentax already has patents for some in-lens stabilization (and not just for the 645, I think)
That way Pentax would keep the advantage of having SR with legacy lenses, wide angle lenses, and regular primes, something other brands generally don't have. And in-lens stabilization for tele and macro lenses.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
50mm, camera, k-01, k01, lenses, mirrorless, pentax, pentax k-01