Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2014, 01:50 AM   #1
Pentaxian

K-01 owners, lend me your ears,... well Mic's

Anyone had any issues with the Mic in socket?

Mine seems to have died on one side, and by the feel and performance, I'd say it's a dry solder joint that's failed.
Will call CRKennedy tomorrow, think it's well out of warranty though.

12-22-2014, 02:23 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Last time when I tried it with a Rode microphone it was working well but still getting too much noise recorded from the body, so In the end I used a separate, external sound recorder unit.
If you can, try with another microphone, maybe is just the microphone jack? Good luck!
12-22-2014, 05:28 AM   #3
Forum Member

No problems here. I have a Rose mic but some time ago started using the amazing Zoom H-1 recorder and cannot imagine ever going back. The mic input for me is now superfluous.

---------- Post added 12-22-14 at 11:28 PM ----------

Rode mic.
12-22-2014, 06:20 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I recorded with the K-01 using two off-camera microphones last Sunday. No problems in more than two years. The system does have attentuation issues. Peak sound levels get throttled back noticeably. I have not experimented enough to know whether recording at full level -- ALL the green bars -- will stop this gate effect. My impression is that it might do so.

12-22-2014, 04:09 PM   #5
Pentaxian

No problems to date with my K-01 and mic or mic input, though I do use a H2n for superior audio when audio is important..
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX MX-1  Photo 
12-23-2014, 03:02 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I really only use the Mic input with a cheap shotgun mic for clearer voice recording to sync to.

Yesterdays shoot had the shotgun on top, but the main audio was via a Rode NTG-2 and Tascam DR100,... only when I went to review the audio, there nothing but hiss.

Tested both cheapy shotguns on another camera, clear sound.
Tried a hand held mic with balanced output via a balanced-to-stereo jack lead that I made up, right channel has sound, left channel has hiss only.
Internal mics work fine.

Really hoping it's a simple fix, just for the convenience of being able to make sure there's a clear enough recording for quality sync sound.

And no chance to chase CRKennedy,... Producer/Talent meant to come get footage and do her rough edit, and promptly tears a muscle at the gym.

Last edited by PiDicus Rex; 12-23-2014 at 03:24 AM.