Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-20-2015, 10:28 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Stop down permanently a.k.a. DoF preview?

As per title.
Is there a way to make the Green Button "stick" on a K-01?
I want to test an M lens for focus shift, and need to have it stopped down to where I put the aperture ring... auto-gain is disrupting everything in the interest of the best possible gain...

NVM, I'm an id***, button customisation on red button. :-)

Last edited by LensBeginner; 01-20-2015 at 10:47 AM.
01-20-2015, 11:36 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Tap the mount of M lens, to block the contacts on the camera. Without this information, camera will not try to keep the lens wide open and you will get a M42-like stop down lens. And you can shoot at Av. Most time the camera can get correct exposure.
01-20-2015, 12:07 PM   #3
Pentaxian

On the K-01 with a manual lens, you can do it in M mode ("true" M mode -- ISO must be set to a fixed number) by holding the EV button (+/-). That might be undocumented, not sure, but I was glad to find it...
01-20-2015, 12:16 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So why not just go to the Menu, customize buttons, and select DoF preview? Then the camera will stop down the lens to the selected aperture for the whole time you hold the button.

01-20-2015, 12:19 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
On the K-01 with a manual lens, you can do it in M mode ("true" M mode -- ISO must be set to a fixed number) by holding the EV button (+/-). That might be undocumented, not sure, but I was glad to find it...
Wow that's true!!!
No need to map the red button then... even though I didn't use the focus peaking feature...

---------- Post added 01-20-15 at 08:21 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
So why not just go to the Menu, customize buttons, and select DoF preview? Then the camera will stop down the lens to the selected aperture for the whole time you hold the button.
That's what I found on page 102 of the manual... after I realized I could look it up!
02-09-2015, 03:48 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LensBeginner Quote
Is there a way to make the Green Button "stick" on a K-01?
Or, just swing the dial around to video (assuming your firmware is up to date) with the exposure set to M in the Video Mode Menu.
Set the exposure etc to what appeals, then memorise those settings and swing the dial around to M, input those settings, press shutter.