Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2015, 11:20 AM   #1

stop LCD zoom when Shutter is pressed

press the shutter halfway to focus and the LCD will zoom in. How do I turn this feature off? For the life of me I can't find it. Can anyone tell me the purpose to why the LCD would zoom in on the object?

Thanks

02-17-2015, 12:07 PM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by Mach Quote
press the shutter halfway to focus and the LCD will zoom in. How do I turn this feature off? For the life of me I can't find it. Can anyone tell me the purpose to why the LCD would zoom in on the object?

Thanks
disable autofocus autozoom ( menu cam1 ) page 69 and 95 of the manual.

.....so many choices so little time.

---------- Post added 02-17-15 at 08:08 PM ----------

Oh and the reason? to be better able to check the correct focus I presume.
02-17-2015, 02:17 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Ha, this is one of the most useful modern features on Pentax cameras! This allows you to manually fine focus, I don't now why anyone would want to disable this.
02-19-2015, 05:23 AM   #4

Original Poster
Hey Steve. Thanks. That makes sense but when I'm out with friends it's not a good feature. I just bought this camera 2 months ago.

02-26-2015, 07:50 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
Ha, this is one of the most useful modern features on Pentax cameras! This allows you to manually fine focus, I don't now why anyone would want to disable this.
I assume you are being facetious but I have to disagree.

Exactly why would anyone find this feature useful? From what I can tell, enabling this ruins your ability to properly frame your photo.
02-26-2015, 08:19 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Ha, no - I certainly am not being facetious.
Why on earth do you think manufacturers added the function, just to piss you off? It's very useful and doesn't ruin framing at all.
But, you have the option to disable it so it's hardly and issue
02-27-2015, 04:54 AM   #7

Ha, no - I certainly am not being facetious.
Why on earth do you think manufacturers added the function, just to piss you off? It's very useful and doesn't ruin framing at all.
But, you have the option to disable it so it's hardly and issue
Really with this feature enabled, you can't focus and recompose. That's simple. At least that is what I found. Sorry.
02-27-2015, 08:03 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Please don't tell me what I can't do. As I've said before, I find it useful - therefore it's useful for me.
Maybe you can't focus and recompose, but that's your problem. I have no trouble.

03-02-2015, 10:52 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Please don't tell me what I can't do. As I've said before, I find it useful - therefore it's useful for me.
Maybe you can't focus and recompose, but that's your problem. I have no trouble.
Ooo-Kay...

U lov it. Got it.

I can see where it might be of some use while doing macro work, though I haven't tried it yet. For everything else, like you said, I just keep it disabled.
03-02-2015, 02:34 PM   #10
Pentaxian

I said I find it useful. Like any other tool or feature, there are uses for them. Don't mock me - it's not a matter of 'love'.